Time Control Routine

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
What's up everybody? I've just been thinking about a routine in which I use magic to stop time, rewind time, and fast forward time.

1) To stop time I was thinking of either doing Flow, or Throwing somebody's ring back and forth in my hands and make it stop in mid air.

2)To rewind time, I could use a Torn and Restord Card effect.

3)Then to fast forward I could switch two objects and say I do it so fast they don't notice.

Can someone help me to turn this into a well-structered routine?

Thank you all.

Feb 6, 2009
Lovely plot for a routine and I can't fault your choice of the first 2 tricks, its the 3rd that throws me a little bit. It just seems anti- climatic after everything that's gone before. What sort of venue are you planning on doing this, as a stage or parlour peice? If that is what your aiming for I think changing something would be more impressive that objects switching hands. For example using a dove pan to turn an egg into a chick or chicken. (Doesn't have to be livestock, a prop chicken would work fine or even a frozen one and finish with a gag about fast forwarding too far.

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
Thanks. I really like the chicken and the egg idea. I was planning on having this as a routine for any type of magic. Mostly parlor or close-up. I could defintely use this for stage though.

Dec 26, 2007
you could try angle zero as the final effect, that definitely wouldn't be an anticlimax and i am sure you could work in some interesting patter

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Have you ever considered using cards? There are a few effects such as Back In Time (triumph) and the Time Machine by i think Steve Freeman or something. Or if you want to take it some step further, you could do a visual torn and restored piece of magic (your choice of visual or not so visual). Also you could use angle zero.

What's up everybody? I've just been thinking about a routine in which I use magic to stop time, rewind time, and fast forward time.

1) To stop time I was thinking of either doing Flow, or Throwing somebody's ring back and forth in my hands and make it stop in mid air.

2)To rewind time, I could use a Torn and Restord Card effect.

3)Then to fast forward I could switch two objects and say I do it so fast they don't notice.

Can someone help me to turn this into a well-structered routine?

Thank you all.
i have an effect that it called Present's Past, it could really go with the whole watch thingy....

Feb 6, 2009
you may can do the muscle pass to rewind time, but I think it wouldn't be a good idea to put all those hard hitting tricks in one routine.
I would just pput one trick ( flow, tnr, etc) in a routine.

I'm sorry I don't understand this logic, if this is his main routine it makes sense to put his best material in. You can't judge a trick on how strong it is untill it's included. It's what fits that makes sense.

As for the earlia suggestion about the chicken and egg another idea for a close up situation is a bill switch from a cheque to the value of the money or prehaps a lump of silver metal to a coin.

Also when workshopping the routine you might find it makes sense to swap some of the phases around, see which ones make the most impact.

May 12, 2009
Wow. I really like your idea for Time Control.
For your third effect, I would suggest something along the lines of a transposition. Like a card to their back pocket effect. To make it seem a little comical, you could give them some explanation in a slow-mo of what is happening.

Also, if those are going to be your main effects, I think you should end off with Flow. Because it seems a little bit more hard hitting to stop something in mid air.

As suggested as before, I think the Muscle Pass would work as a great opener to this routine.

Good luck with this. We hope to see your routine sometime in the near future.

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
I appreciate all of your comments, and ideas. I really like to idea of the egg to chicken, and angle zero. And I will probably use Flow as my finish.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results