Time for the Clipshift

Jan 14, 2009
Germany
I got the dvd surfaced 3 days ago, and sinse then, I spent nearly every second in practicing the clipshift...

It's already good enaug to show it people, but it often fails...
How long did you practice the clipshift, until it was pretty good?

Jul 14, 2008
I practise the clip shift for 5 months right now. I just need to take care of the sound. Mastering clip shift may be hard, but it's worth it.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I got the dvd surfaced 3 days ago, and sinse then, I spent nearly every second in practicing the clipshift...

3 days? are you fricking crazy? haha, well yeah, you may have gotten the mechanics of the move down, but for getting it performable it is going to take you more than just 3 days, I have a decent clipshift after 3 months of everyday practice, and it still not good enough, believe me, practice the move until you can't do it wrong, give the move the respect it deserves.

Nov 1, 2008

good enough to show people? I don't assume that you show people the pass or the double lift - you show them magic, no? 3 days you say - all that time and it's still not performance worthy?

Ok I know things come quickly these days and you can buy T11 1-on-1's and go out and do a trick for someone tonight... but nothing can substitute for practice and focus. Do you know the angles of your clipshift? Have you experimented with how the move might best work in your hands? Do you understand the timing of the sleight to help mask any action? No? Maybe some more time might be required.

You say it's already good enough to show people but it often fails. My friend - then it's not good enough now is it! By doing it for people and flashing you are helping to trivialize and weaken an art form which we all here enjoy. Our art requires secrecy - it's just the nature of it. That's not to say if someone knows that a double lift exists they won't be highly entertained by say Bill Malone but they WILL be looking for it. By flashing moves you are doing a detriment to your own work and our art.

So - I suggest that you slow it up man and practice. Not practice like ok I can do the mechanical motions but understand the move and how it can be adjusted, altered, used and more important, hidden! If anyone can do these things easily then they are not amazing, they are trivial. I bet if you wanted to be trivial you would be playing everquest or something equally useful.

t

Jan 14, 2009
Germany
yeah, I know, I habe to practice until it is perfect ;)
but I'm proud that I already know it good enough to show it...
Of course I didn't show it to everyone, just to myself, with a mirror :D

hum... I think I'll make a video for you. You'll say: Hey thats bad, or hey thats good and I#ll delete the video :D

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. I've been practicing for about 6 months or so. Mine is getting to the point where I can do it almost flawlessly, with minimal sound.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
3 days huh? preeetty good progress as james has mentioned. took me a week to get the clip right. the shift took another week. normal practice...? 5 months. how are your sound issues with it?

Either way, i think lithyem makes a good point about magic in general, especially the situation with younger/beginner magicians nowadays

good enough to show people? I don't assume that you show people the pass or the double lift - you show them magic, no?

Jan 14, 2009
Germany
hmm...
the sound is like the ego change...
but shorter
just while pull the Card out, the clip is soundless, and the shift is most of the time soundless too

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results