Time spent practicing?

Oct 8, 2008
California
Hey guys I am pretty new still to flourishing and i am just curious how much a day you practice your flourishes? i do it for about 45 min or so depending on work load and such..Just was wondering if that is not near enough or if that is pleanty just that it takes time to build speed

keith

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
I just listen to my ipod, and just do non stop practice. But if you want to do serious flourishing, you should be practicing for at least 2-4 hours a day. Hope this helps.

Oct 8, 2008
California
thanks for the responses so far guys..I had searched to see if i could find other threads on practice time but was unsuccessful..ya so far its helping to see what others have to say..

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You'll get better no matter how much you practice. You'll get better faster if you practice more (and are practicing the moves correctly).

I've only been flourishing seriously for a month or so now.

I play with cards while reading topics here, watching tv, while my girlfriend reads at night and I also set aside time to practice as well.

couple hours a day?...I'm not sure, at least 2 probably up to 5.

I have seen a lot of improvement.
45 mins. of dedicated practice a day is a good start, if you keep that up and then also carry cards and practice every chance you get, then you'll probably log at least a an hour and a half a day.

You'll also find that practice becomes more productive the more you work on a flourish, because you drop cards less often. :)

Hope that helps.

-Rik

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
I'm still a beginner/intermediate. I spend about 1hour actually practicing per day (Dependent on work load) but I nearly always have cards in my hand, just fiddling about.

i don't do many flourishes. actually let me rephrase that, im not a hardcore flourisher, i do more magic than flourishes. I tend to neglect the flourishes, but i digress. Regardless if its magic or flourishes a good technique to practice is to practice right before you go to bed, like a half hour before you go to bed but only practice one technique. I do this all the time when i learn a new trick and it really helps. practice before bed time gets saved in the long term memory and therefore gets turned into muscle memory. So Good luck keith and hope it all works out.

Jan 27, 2008
I manage to squeeze in a solid 6 hours (including 2.5 hours of time on buses to/fro school). With about 3 hours of homework and weightlifting for 2h every night now I'm very tired (yawn)

Oct 8, 2008
California
Wow man thats a long time on buses hah..I sometimes wish i had that amount of time to just sit and practice..Last night I was playing wtih them while watching tv..It does work quite well..It keeps me from getting frusterated hah

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
practice

on a normal college day i practice 2 hours on a bus in a a couple of hours in college if i have nothing going on I practice 1-3 hours after college depending on tiredness

on the weekend when ever i hold a deck i practice whenever i can sometimes all night that one handed downfall flourish doesn't teach itself!!!

lol

matt

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Regardless if its magic or flourishes a good technique to practice is to practice right before you go to bed, like a half hour before you go to bed but only practice one technique. I do this all the time when i learn a new trick and it really helps. practice before bed time gets saved in the long term memory and therefore gets turned into muscle memory. So Good luck keith and hope it all works out.

I second this motion and will add that this also works for memorizing flash cards, lines for a theatre production and/or anything else you might need to memorize.

with plays and such, always highlight Your lines though, instead of learning everyones you'll espeically learn yours.

And glad to hear you got less frustrated while watching tv. It's best to never get frustrated, because then you'll get tense, and it makes flourishing and magic even harder to do.

-Rik

Jan 9, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
I practice constantly. I'll be watching tv and practicing flourishes or new tricks I had just learned. I always have a deck of cards in my hand. and normally I'm doing something with them then just holding them. Hoped this helped.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results