Tivo 3.0

Oct 28, 2007
sorry but not very innovative i have seen this before you just switched up the handling.

Feb 1, 2008
that wasn't original. i agree with Ninja, that wasn't anything special. just a modified handling

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
If you don't mind, here are some suggestions...

If you had real magic, how would you do this trick? Indulge yourself and act through it. Would it have any resemblance to this version you are performing. Would you really turn over that card with the deck hand. Would you really perform a change that looks exactly like what you are doing? spinning the card around?

Think about all these things when you go and try to "variate" a trick that has already so much thinking involved behind it.

Even if you think this is better than Tivo 2.0, you have to at least practice the living hell out of it and show us that it is. This performance shows me that you probably put less than 30minutes practicing it. I mean.. how HARD is it to turn a card over on the table? Think about it. How HARD is it to move a "single" card for the change.

Keep working and thinking. Just because you had a "genius" moment, remember that Card Magic has been around longer than you been alive. It's been done... and better.

Jun 30, 2008
but in the description says, "A trick invented by me" .... and thats not true.

the actual trick, the routine yes as put together by me, anyone who is into card magic, atleast online (most) know of tivo 2.0 so they would know its a different version

Jun 30, 2008
If you don't mind, here are some suggestions...

If you had real magic, how would you do this trick? Indulge yourself and act through it. Would it have any resemblance to this version you are performing. Would you really turn over that card with the deck hand. Would you really perform a change that looks exactly like what you are doing? spinning the card around?

Think about all these things when you go and try to "variate" a trick that has already so much thinking involved behind it.

Even if you think this is better than Tivo 2.0, you have to at least practice the living hell out of it and show us that it is. This performance shows me that you probably put less than 30minutes practicing it. I mean.. how HARD is it to turn a card over on the table? Think about it. How HARD is it to move a "single" card for the change.

Keep working and thinking. Just because you had a "genius" moment, remember that Card Magic has been around longer than you been alive. It's been done... and better.

"Just because you had a "genuis" moment," I find that offensive, because youre assuming i was like "whoa, im amazing!" seriously man, dont treat me like im some kid chasing a raindbow, i dont appreciate being treated like that man. "This performance shows me that you probablyout less than 30 minutes into practicing this" ive practiced this for weeks, im sorry its not perfect, but i actually made this up months ago. Please be a little considerate that im a guy with feelings, not some kid who thinks hes just so amazing, cmon man

Nov 10, 2007
Its not how long you have been practicing this effect for, it is how you practice it. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. I am sorry but it does not show that you have been practicing this for weeks. I dont want you to think I am putting you down I am just giving advice. Keep working on it and good luck;)

liquidsn

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I'm sorry if i offended you. But let me put it this way, did you think it was good enough to show people? The routine doesn't feel fleshed out, or anywhere near show able to magicians and laymen alike.

So maybe take it off and practice it till you think its show able. Or are you just putting it on because you want praise? Hope not.

Apr 27, 2008
I see you have posted some videos including this, some coin magic, and something else also. When you are performing the routines you need to remember three things, someone will always be better, you are posting to magicians who know more about the subject and have seen more, and lastly that once you practice and do this to other people and get their reactions then you can post something.

Some magicians are the people who get tricks and do them to their family and maybe a friend then go on youtube and think they are just a beast at it. I would say that maybe about 80 percent of youtube magicians(excludes cardistry) are mediocre or just plain awful.

Just remember that magicians look at things in a much different way and once you can realize that then you will know what is great and what is decent. I use to put almost no practice and get caught, ex. Digital Dissolve, I was pissed because everybody was catching me and I realized that my effort to the trick was half-assed. Once I practiced for a month I showed the same effect to people and my handling was so much better that people could no longer catch me at anything.

Jun 30, 2008
I see you have posted some videos including this, some coin magic, and something else also. When you are performing the routines you need to remember three things, someone will always be better, you are posting to magicians who know more about the subject and have seen more, and lastly that once you practice and do this to other people and get their reactions then you can post something.

Some magicians are the people who get tricks and do them to their family and maybe a friend then go on youtube and think they are just a beast at it. I would say that maybe about 80 percent of youtube magicians(excludes cardistry) are mediocre or just plain awful.

Just remember that magicians look at things in a much different way and once you can realize that then you will know what is great and what is decent. I use to put almost no practice and get caught, ex. Digital Dissolve, I was pissed because everybody was catching me and I realized that my effort to the trick was half-assed. Once I practiced for a month I showed the same effect to people and my handling was so much better that people could no longer catch me at anything.

i understand that alot of youtube magicians arent original, i try to be, most of my videos are my inventions. im sorry if im plain awful or mediocre, i try my aboslute best. ya'll are older and probably more advanced in magic than i am, ive been doing magic for about a year and a half. id consider myself a bit above intermediate, but i dont like being talked down to, which i have been alot on here (not saying u have)

liquidsn

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
listen, I'm not taking you down because I hate you. I don't even know you. But would you rather have people be honest and tell you when you need to practice to make it better? Or do you want people to just say "great", "wonderful", "that's cool". I rather have people be brutally honest with me and say when my stuff look like crap.

There is no reason to say " I try my best, I only done this for a year...". If you saw a magician do a show and it was plain horrible, and being a magician you want to help him, so you tell him that he should practice and make his act better. Then the guy says "hey! I only been doing this for a year!" Are you going to say back "oh, my bad. I didn't know you only been doing this for a year. It's a great routine..."?

Listen, when you practice this and make it look like something magical, I'll be one of the first to congratulate you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results