To All Wynn Owners...

Discussion in 'Product Questions and Reviews' started by Eddie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Please compare your Brown Wynns to regular Bee playing cards please.
    And show a comparison in this thread. I just want to see if it's true or not...(will explain later please everyone who knows don't spoil it)

Thank you!

2. I have blue wynn's (sorry not brown:(), but they feel about the same. The blue wynns dont fan that good, they stay together real nice, and are a little thicker.
    Thats about it.
    Robbie

3. Brown Wynns are much better than Bees. The backs are nicer, and they handle much better.

I would recommend picking a few up and trying them out for yourself.

//David.Misner::

4. ....

Waiting for mine.
    Any more people to contribute?

5. They both say Cambric finish on the bottom of the box but the brown does hold together better.

6. #6 Alexh, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007
    Hi guys, I received my Wynn decks a few days ago and already trashed one deck as of now. You can trust me to be brutally honest ;)

When I first received my deck, I washed my hands as if I would with any other deck. I pulled them out and tossed out the extra cards. The brown Wynn deck had a noticeably thicker stock then normal playing cards (can't compare to Bee since I never use them, I use Tally-Ho n Bicycle). I attempted to fan a few times and they failed horribly. They fanned like the first edition guardians.

After about 2 hours of messing around with them and giving them a proper "seasoning" they started to fan a little better (still not like a Tally-Ho deck). The cards held their ground very well. They had a firm stock and stuck together with most of what I tossed at it.

The edges of the deck seemed to be a tad "rough", similar to new Tally-Ho playing cards. Made it damn near impossible to do a faro shuffle. However, after some proper "seasoning" of the deck, they did the faro shuffle MUCH easier.

Other then the cool design, these decks are pretty similar to the Tally-Ho playing cards except rare, $2.50 more, and don't fan as well.

Pros
    -New fresh card design
    -Rare
    -Fun to use (I don't know why, but I prefer using Wynns now more then any other deck, they just feel right)

Cons
    -Double the cost of Tally-Ho playing cards
    -Brown instead of red or blue
    -Don't fan too well unless fanning powder is applied
    -Rare

If you are interested in having new exotic decks, more power to you, I ordered 2 dozen of the Wynns. If you are looking for a high-end playing card stick to the Tally-Ho and Bicycle Master playing cards.

Hope I was able to shed some light and be of some assistance!

7. Doesn't seem like a lot of people have them right now.
    But the reason why I asked this was because some people are saying that these are basically just Bees with different back designs. I just wanted to confirm this with everyone else.

8. Mine seem thicker than the standard bee card (and stiffer also).

9. this is strange as it seems there are two types of wynns

the first
    - fan well
    - thick stock
    - stiff
    - great deck

the second
    - thin
    - don't fan well
    - aren't very good