To Flourish or Not To Flourish: Professional vs. Amateur Image

Sep 2, 2007
London
Nice find man, there have been lots of discussions about flourishing combined with magic. I personally mix them together but i always am interested on other peoples opinion. I do flourishes to catch peoples attetion, show off (LOL), to separate me from someone who may know a card trick or 2 from someone like me. I am not boasting, but anyone who can do good flourishing is much more specilised with the cards. It also adds to the performance as if they see you perform a seemingly impossible one handed shuffle they will stop thinking " i so have to find the site that guy that trick off" and just sit back, accept the performer has skill and enjoy.

Sep 1, 2007
i don't understand the second part of your question jeff. why would you not flourish. you posted this in the flourishing section.

Oct 6, 2007
I posted in a similar thread and after reading that article I have a few things to say, he says that if you do too many floruishes showing your skill, people wont belive your doing "real magic" and using skill in your tricks...cmon, this isnt 1852 where people would easily belive that we were warlocks, and we ARENT doin REAL magic, people arent stupid and they know this. That is why we call them magic TRICKS beacuse it is just fooling, and or tricking a person using skill, I hardly doubt that any1 thinks a magician is acually doing "magic". I mean people know about magic kits, magic shops, everyone knows its just an illusion, its just the fact that they want to be tricked or fooled by your skill, THATs what makes magic tricks impressive because they know there had to have been somthing that you did in order for that card to miraculously apper on top but they have no idea how you did it, that is what is amazing. The floursihes just add to your magic leaving the spectators wondering how awesome you must be with tricks and you can manipulate the cards like that. It shows your a master of your art and are a good credible dedicated magician.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results