To succeed by Chance?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Has anyone ever had an experience where they blundered a trick but only for it to go according to plan? Or maybe a time when you made a complete and random guess and took a shot in the dark and yet it worked out?

This happened to me recently when I was performing some simple mentalist effects on a small group of people.

We played scissors paper rock and my goal was to match the person I was versing. Even thou I don't know exactly how it worked, I took a rough guess and got it time and time again for a total of 6 times consecutively and even one time with my head turned away.

I think my reaction was bigger than my audiences.

Another time was when me and a group of friends was watching the world poker tour on TV. And I randomly said...this guy is gonna get a four of a kind, just for laughs, turned out that one minute later he actually did! I was shocked but my friends simply said "oh you watched this episode before" but honestly I didn't.

So I'm curious, how many people took a shot in the dark and it actually succeeded?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Hmmm, this reminds me of a SNC we had.
Check it out here:
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=5976&highlight=saturday+night+contest

One time that I can recall, me and my friends were playing "follow the queen" (poker game).
Every, I just had a feeling I knew who was getting the queen and announced it.
My friends said I was scaring them. This happen a good 5 times.
I wasn't false shuffling and the cards weren't marked.
It was really weird.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results