To what music do you listen?

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by D21400, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Hi guys and girls,

I wanna know to what music that you listen when you Flourish?
    And do you have a specific reason for it?

I listen mostly rock or dance.

Thanks a lot

D21400

2. I listen to Dana Hocking stuff, the reason is because.......insert your reason here........lol.

3. Rock, Metal, and Alternative.

4. folk music, classical - extremely epic classical music.

5. Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess your Heart is a great song for smooth cardistry. Gimme Sympathy - Metric is one of my recent good'uns.

Gustav

6. Ha. Nice one.

7. Everything from Classical to super-fast paced stuff. Except country.

8. I don't know about you guy's, but I listen to almost the exact opposite to the band's/genre's I like!

When I flourish, I do it mostly to jazz in the form of Sax and such, where as I like most Older Rock/Reggae.

If you only flourish to the things you like, your invention of Flourishes I think is hindered!
    Try it if you don't believe me!

9. Alternative, Techno-Jam, and Lady Gaga's "Pokerface"

10. Slipknot - all of their albums
    Lamb Of God - Sacrament
    Dream Theater - Train Of Thought & Systematic Chaos
    Circus Maximus - Imperial Destruction from The 1st Chapter
    Stephen Lynch - all of his albums
    Coheed And Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Thats most of it,
    C

11. I liston to a lot of rock, metal, and alternatve. Cirque du Soleil music is great to listen to as well.

12. #12 bicyclemagik, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    Ratatat, Metric, Prodigy, The Strokes, RJD2, Blockhead, the Submarines, Smashing Pumpkins, RATM, MGMT, Lily Allen, Limp Bizkit, Les Claypool, the Cardigans, Beck, the Arcade Fire and anything else by Emily Haines.

I find that music helps you to create flourishes, different patterns and wavelengths in the sound triggers different emotions in your brain leading you to flourish more consistently.

try listening to some idoser (lsd or coke) with some skullcandy in-ear headphones (the ones with the gelly part that touches your brain), you won't believe the **** you'll come up with... I want them to come out with a meth one lol.

13. listen to trip hop...portishead's glory box is beast, also listen to smashing pumkinsss

14. I usually listen to songs by Dana.

15. Classical.