Top palm with reversed orientation?

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
So I'm looking for a way to palm a card off the top of the deck, but I want to have it ending face down in my palm.

The solutions I've come up with are palming off, then palm transferring, but if possible I'd like to not have take that extra second or so. I've also tried a dps from the top, which works, but my dps is pretty awful, and the situations in which I usually perform aren't really themost accommodating for the dps; and doing a cardini change then doing a side steal from the bottom, but if anyone knows of any moves that are more 'economical', i'd appreciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Something I have played with, is doing a Cardini change but before the clean up going straight into palm. It is a weird thing to describe but as the card is resting across the side of the deck, the right pink hits the upper most corner of the card and the left index and middle fingers push the card into palm.

I like it because the hand never covers decks.

Mar 16, 2010
Lithuania
There is a palm on A. Buckley's "Card Control" book on page 93. It is a one handed palm that is executed while you hold the deck in your left hand and the card will be facing your palm. Its a hard move tho.

Nov 27, 2009
Why not find a logical excuse for flipping the deck over and then side-slip the "bottom" card from the face up deck? Seems like the best solution to me.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Something I have played with, is doing a Cardini change but before the clean up going straight into palm. It is a weird thing to describe but as the card is resting across the side of the deck, the right pink hits the upper most corner of the card and the left index and middle fingers push the card into palm.

I've been playing with this for the last few days, but the sound is *****ing. However, I did find a much more pleasant move that resembles this in "If an Octopus could Palm".

There is a palm on A. Buckley's "Card Control" book on page 93. It is a one handed palm that is executed while you hold the deck in your left hand and the card will be facing your palm. Its a hard move tho.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I don't have Buckley's book yet, but I'm definitely planning to.

Classic Lowey Palm, read expert card technique.

What version of ECT? I have the Dover reprint of the second edition, and can't find the Classic Lowey Palm.

There are several palm like this in Dan and Dave's new book "If an Octopus Could Palm" Might be worth checking it out.

I found a great technique in there. The second one described is exactly what I'm looking for.

Why not find a logical excuse for flipping the deck over and then side-slip the "bottom" card from the face up deck? Seems like the best solution to me.

In the context of the routine that I'm applying this to, the palm occurs as I reveal a card. If possible I'd like there to not be another card showing it's face while I turn over the card.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia

I had that idea too, it's also great for getting into lateral palm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results