Tornado cut help

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
Hey all! Ok, here's the problem. Whenever I try to do a Tornado cut (Ashford Knietel), the packet always slips off of my finger. When I'm doing the cut, I put the rotating packet on the center of my right pinkie. Any help? If you have any advice, reply!

Dec 4, 2007
With rotating packets its more of a "knack" thing.

every time you mess up, your hands get better at compensating for the card's constantly shifting center. time after time you will just instinctively be able to adjust the angle and pressure according to those miniscule shifts resulting in less dropped cards.

all it is, is doing it so much it just comes to you. you'll have this problem a lot :p

Aug 31, 2007
California
When I started the Tornado cut, it took me a few days to get the knack of it. As stated above. over time your hands will adjust to the different positons the packet takes. However, I do this with two methods.

1. I keep doing 180 degree rotations with my right ring finger like you usually do.
2. I recently independently came up with another method - it's a little tough to explain. When my ring finger contacts the middle packet, I put it a little lower so when my ring finger tries to rotate it, the bottom right corner is blocked by the lower left hand packet. I continue putting pressure until I reach a point where I bring my right hand up just enough to let the packet spin 360 degrees due to the pressure I had built up. At the same time, I loosen the pressure between the corners of the spinning packet, allowing it to spin a bit better. It's hard to explain, but hopefully you guys get where I"m going at.

Hope this helps you out.

Remy

By the way if this is any kind of too much exposure or something, feel free to edit or delete my post Mods.

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
to everyone that replied, thnx! i finally got the tornado cut mechanics. i found that i was tilting my hand too far down. just make the pinky perpendicular with the rotating packet, and i got the mechanics. Now, any speed tips?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results