Trick idea that I can't execute yet.

I got the insparation of this idea looking though the forums reading some other people's ideas. My trick is where a card plainly pulled out which is the king of hearts commits suicide because his queen of hearts left him for another man "king of spades" i will say they moved in together while either making a gaff or buying one where the queen and king are on the same side of the card. I grab a safety pin type sharp utencil and poke it though the heart of the king. I want to then change the king to a ghost deck king. while visually showing just before it is a regular red deck and a normal king from both sides. I know this sounds very grim but the plan of this is to end my show with this and really make an emotional connection with the audience by blowing them away with gaffs and an amazing story. i also can't figure out the end of the story of how the cards should "morn" for the dead king. I was thinking deck switch to a tiger deck. Anyway any ideas would be helpful. I stuck on the color change. and the ending of the story. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sep 1, 2007
Then I think you shouldn't focus on a story with a closer, but more on an ambitious routine where the king changes in the other and the queen keeps vanishing or something to keep the spectators impressed. Because if you make a long story about 2 kings and one queen they will fail to pay attention after a time I think, but for the rest of it I think it's a good idea.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think it sounds like a good idea, but make sure that your story is captivating, and will hold the audience's attention for as long as you need. It would be nice to be able to make it so the King's throat appears as if it is bleeding, then change it to a "skeleton King", so it appears as if he killed himself out of grief. And then, of course, have the whole deck change to something like a Ghost Deck, and, like you said, have the community (the deck) "mourn" for him. Way to be creative, keep up the good work!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I think I have a method for you, it will allow you to show a red deck of cards at the beginning and a Ghost deck at the end - No Deck Switch Method. It will also allow you to show both sides of the King of Hearts the second or few before you stab it with a safety pin or needle or what have you.

It's probably not the most streamlined method, but for what you want, I think it'll work. Of course, I'll carry on thinking for a while as I've got to go out to a rehearsal now and you'll probably have someone with a better method post whilst I'm out. :)

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results