Trick Improvisations

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Although several good tricks have been released to the public, most of us have probably done something to the trick to make it better or suit ourselves better.

I was just wondering, how you all have improvised tricks with your presentational skills or by adding in new sleights or ideas to make the trick better.

Example: I often perform Derren Brown's Smoke, but I do not smoke. So, to reveal the card I use chewing gum. I start chewing a piece and then I ask the spectator if they want to. When they open the piece their card is inside-I got this idea from another forum and I pattered it up a bit.

So yeah examples like that. Also, you do not have to explain your improvisations if you want to keep it to yourself.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
With most tricks I perform, I add or change little things to make it my own... whether it be in the technical aspect or the presentational aspect; I just make it my own. I won't list everything, as it would take too long, but pretty much every effect I do is suited to me, even if it's the tiniest of changes.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
With most tricks I perform, I add or change little things to make it my own... whether it be in the technical aspect or the presentational aspect; I just make it my own. I won't list everything, as it would take too long, but pretty much every effect I do is suited to me, even if it's the tiniest of changes.

More or less the same with me. Although I try to stay as close to the original trick itself, sometimes I do change some little things around.

-SM

Dec 13, 2007
I often will change something... ranging from a type of color change... to completely exchanging or altering a sleight

Sometimes i will take a trick i know and wrap it into a whole routine i have

for example: i actually came up with this today for my sandwich routine... i have someone pick a random card... then i perform blind date from nestor hato to get a pair of jokers... then i proceed to do my routine... then at the end i hold the two jokers and place their card in the deck and do a jumper from nestor hato launching thier card from the deck and i catch it inbetween the jokers

thats just an example of how i wrap smaller tricks into a big thing

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
More or less the same with me. Although I try to stay as close to the original trick itself, sometimes I do change some little things around.

-SM

Yes, I try to stay close to the original effect, as well, but I adjust it t suit me. If it already suits me, then obviously I just mess with the presentation a bit.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
i do tailor everything i do to suit my needs, but notable handling changes of late have been my alternate handling for charming chinese challeng- this includes new ring on rope steals (original to me), and an alternate handling for the final phase so you can end perfectly clean.
and i made a few minor adjustments to a friends routine which improved the handling and made it less involved.

C!

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I change tricks to suit my style too.

For example, I've mixed "Control" with one single ACR. I have a spectator pick a card, do an ACR so the picked card is at the top, and of course they think it's in the middle somewhere. I explain to them that in order to find what card they have and bring it to the top, I have to temporarially enter the "other side".

I then perform "Control". As I am still "recovering" I tell them to check the deck.

This gets some interesting reactions. One person said to me "You are hardcore because you'd die just to find my card for me..." :)

Of course, at the end of my performance, I do tell them it was a trick. (I don't reveal, though), and that nothing supernatural happened.

Still gets a great reaction.

Sep 1, 2007
I change tricks to suit my style too.

For example, I've mixed "Control" with one single ACR. I have a spectator pick a card, do an ACR so the picked card is at the top, and of course they think it's in the middle somewhere. I explain to them that in order to find what card they have and bring it to the top, I have to temporarially enter the "other side".

I then perform "Control". As I am still "recovering" I tell them to check the deck.

This gets some interesting reactions. One person said to me "You are hardcore because you'd die just to find my card for me..." :)

Of course, at the end of my performance, I do tell them it was a trick. (I don't reveal, though), and that nothing supernatural happened.

Still gets a great reaction.

Wow that's a really interesting idea lol.

As for me, I exchange sleights and moves like most people probably.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results