Tricks for that special someone

Aug 31, 2007
Amman, Jordan
Hey guys and gals, I was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for a trick that I can perform especially for my girlfriend. I was thinking of springing a deck of cards into the air and producing the QH. Anyone have any ideas or any suggestions to my idea?

Dec 10, 2007
maybe get some blank cards and write something romantic on it? then its just a card force. Works well, ive had success at least...

Hermes (David Stone Real Secrets of Magic Vol. 1) is a great effect. A rose is produced from flash paper then split into two roses.

Changing a selected card into a blank card with something nice written on it is also really cool.

Sharp

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Yeah, as stated before, using blank cards with writing on is pretty cool.

An "Ace (or, blank cards with writing on) Assembly" would be good aswell. Four cards - four words.

Sep 2, 2007
The Anniversary Waltz is a wonderful effect, especially since Valentine's Day is coming up, which you can use after producing the Queen of Hearts.

The essence of the trick is that each person in the couple signs a card. The two signed cards are placed in the hand of both people, and the two signed cards fuse, coming together, just like the couple.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 6, 2007
Estonia
I'd recommend doing CONTROL.
It's a two way road. One chance is that she is really going to start caring for you, orrr. She will freak out so bad, that she will quit on you :D.

Sep 1, 2007
Here's a great trick for the girlfriend:
Put your cards away, get her a nice bunch of flowers and take her out for a meal in a romantic restaurant. Say lots of nice things to her, pick up the bill and treat her like a total queen for the evening. Don't wait for valentine's day as an excuse either!

She'll like that better than any trick you could possibly do.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'd recommend doing CONTROL.
It's a two way road. One chance is that she is really going to start caring for you, orrr. She will freak out so bad, that she will quit on you :D.

I'm sure that you could make it romantic, and tell her that every time you are with her, your heart stops...

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I am with Shodan on this one.

Unless you come up with a trick of your own and named it after her, you really don't need to show her a "mini miracle".

Chris has NEVER done a trick FOR me, I think we're stronger and better people because of it. My mother and father have been married for 35 years and Dad as never once showed my mom a card trick.

Learn to talk to her and think of what SHE likes to do. Take her to a show, to the zoo, to a chick flick, to the mall, out to dinner, on a road trip, a ball game etc. . .

You don't need to impress her with card tricks, trust me.

Learning a trick for someone and having her (or his) eyes roll when you whip out your cards, coins, tissue paper or fake flowers is NOT a good feeling.

Just my two cents.

Katie Egleston

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I agree with Katie. If I had a girlfriend :)() I most certainly wouldn't try to win her over with magic. I would want them to like me because of me... not because I can do cool tricks with cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results