Tricks that your audience remember ....

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Well whenever i perform at school , they always ask me to perform a trick that i used to do where half the back of the selected card changes color and then finally changes to a totally different color. I also performed pressure ONCE at school over a year ago for 3 person ... they started talking about it, and now every person i perform for ask me to do that ... which i never did because just the rumors circulating around is better than the effect itself ...

They ask for either one of the 2 effect or ask for :The ash on arm trick or a basic transpo. where the spec gets to hold the card. These are the four effect that most, if not all, of the spec. can remember, and ask me to perform ...

So i was wondering what tricks do you perform that your spec remember for a long period of time ... ?

Also, because these tricks are very easy to do, i wanted to know if you guyz know any other tricks that are easy (or hard) to do that hits hard on the audience ....

Th4nk Y0u

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I did Stigmata by Wayne Houchin once... rumors went around and it ended up that people think I made the card appear on the spectators arm..... well... needless to say... I shan't be doing that trick again.

That sounds waaaaayy too awesome than what is actually done

ZG

Dec 18, 2009
Don't be a walking circus act for people. In other words, don't perform every time people ask you to. This keeps them hungry for more. That's not to say to never perform for people. Your magic isnt exciting if you perform it for people whenever they ask. Make it something rare and special. Anyways, for simplicity i like slop triumph, royal flush ending for invisible reverse, color changing deck, two card Monte, refined by Josh brand, and a split utilizing the paintbrush change.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Well whenever i perform at school , they always ask me to perform a trick that i used to do where half the back of the selected card changes color and then finally changes to a totally different color. I also performed pressure ONCE at school over a year ago for 3 person ... they started talking about it, and now every person i perform for ask me to do that ... which i never did because just the rumors circulating around is better than the effect itself ...

They ask for either one of the 2 effect or ask for :The ash on arm trick or a basic transpo. where the spec gets to hold the card. These are the four effect that most, if not all, of the spec. can remember, and ask me to perform ...

So i was wondering what tricks do you perform that your spec remember for a long period of time ... ?

Also, because these tricks are very easy to do, i wanted to know if you guyz know any other tricks that are easy (or hard) to do that hits hard on the audience ....

Th4nk Y0u

Mine was pressure!

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I did Stigmata by Wayne Houchin once... rumors went around and it ended up that people think I made the card appear on the spectators arm..... well... needless to say... I shan't be doing that trick again.

ZG

I know right ... as rumors go around ... it keeps getting better and better as each person misinterpret one of the details for something bigger ...

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Autograph by Justin Miller and Triumph effect by John Guasteffero (sp...?).
People sometimes remember my raccoon better than me...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There are a few effects that I perform in which the audience remembers better than the others. My blindfold routine is always up there for the reason that it is so visual as my face is covered in duct tape.

There are a few other pieces I get brought up quite a lot and they are as follows. Pk touches, metal bending, for andruzzi, and my suggestion set.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Don't be a walking circus act for people. In other words, don't perform every time people ask you to. This keeps them hungry for more. That's not to say to never perform for people. Your magic isnt exciting if you perform it for people whenever they ask. Make it something rare and special. Anyways, for simplicity i like slop triumph, royal flush ending for invisible reverse, color changing deck, two card Monte, refined by Josh brand, and a split utilizing the paintbrush change.

I agree and disagree with you,
You should try and perform any time you when some one asks you, makes more popular and if you are even thinking of doing gigs YOU NEED PUBLICITY!
but you have to think I won't go around doing a strong effect every time some one asks, if I see a potential customer than yeah I will go for the strongest effect I could do but if its just my friends or at school than I would do something not as strong. Also I won't perform an entire routine, just one or two tricks that I ONLY perform at request and leave out way more stronger material when I do a paid gig.

I recommend reading Magic And Showmanship By Nelms, he writes a paragraph or two about the subject of making the audience come back for more or feed them enough, and his opinion outlines my thoughts that is you should have a mix, of giving the audience just enough so they would be fed some good tricks and still want to come back for more.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
One of the tricks I do that people remember best is the salt shaker trick (when you make it pass through the table, one of the first tricks I learnt - in How To Do Street Magic), I've done it to my mother 3-4 years ago and still, when she tells people I'm a magician that's the one she refers to.

Also I've performed magic last week end for friends in a bar, and the trick that they kept talking about is "French Kiss" by David Stone (not Wayne Houchin's, although it's a very good one as well), where the selected card disappears from your hands and immediately appears folded in your mouth... Very commercial !!!

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i'm torn, people remember out of this world. but i really dont have any effects like that, PK coin bend for a few people, i might need to get a signature effect thing going.

Jul 13, 2009
The balducci levitation, that refilling soda can. I love the telephone effect, what one person sees then tells someone else isn't always what really happened.

ZG

I have similar thing. I did a trick where the spectators chosen card appeared in my shoe. As the rumor spread, everyone now remembers it as the card appearing in the spectators shoe!. I haven't done that trick since, as anything I could actually do would be way less impressive than the legend!

I'd say the most memorable trick I still do it Out Of This World. People ask me about that one all the time. Which is good, as it's probably my favourite trick and I never get bored of doing it!

Rev

Don't be a walking circus act for people. In other words, don't perform every time people ask you to. This keeps them hungry for more. That's not to say to never perform for people. Your magic isnt exciting if you perform it for people whenever they ask. Make it something rare and special. .

I would also like to add that I totally agree with this. I more often than not refuse to perform, so when I finally do, people are really eager and therefore way more likely to enjoy it and act like good spectators. That way they know I am in charge and if the fool around/try to mess up what I'm doing then i will just stop.

Fortunately, that's only happened the once.

Rev

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I'd say the most memorable trick I still do it Out Of This World. People ask me about that one all the time. Which is good, as it's probably my favourite trick and I never get bored of doing it!

Rev

what version of Out of This World do you do? my version is far from impromptu so it rarely gets done, which is a disappointment because its so strong.

I did W:H's Control, and the woman i stopped my pulse for starting crying because she thought i was really die'n. What i didn't know was the fact that she had lost a grandparent a few days ago, so that became personal for her.

I performed French Kiss, and i actually got a kiss. Seriously. This girl had not paid me no attention the whole 2 semesters we had spent together. I mean not even a hint. She got word i do magic, and i did it for her, and she her reaction was priceless. In her mind, she thought i somehow kissed her for us to change cards. When i was question by her i told her "No, didn't you see we never touched one another?" Needless to say, she asked how would I feel to if i really kissed her, i was caught off guard totally and she laid it on me. That was crazy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results