Triple Threat

WHY would anybody ever get a Triple Threat gimmick? It's $400 and the same effect can be achieved with basic coin concealments and sleeving. Can somebody please, please tell me what could possibly justify buying this? I get that it looks really clean but geez, $400?

Im not sure if your talking about 3CM but its quite nice alkl the same. Also Tony Miller makes a triple threat wallet but im not sure what ur getting at

3CM is basically the same as the Triple Threat. And I'm trying to get at that it's an overpriced and redundant gimmick, lol. I was serious though when I asked if anyone could tell me a justification for buying it.

Doesn't this count as exposure?

Nope. It's on the product page.

Sep 10, 2007
I have personally seen things done with the Triple Threat that can not be replicated in any other way. Used properly, it looks like real magic. And "price" is subjective. If you're a pro and using this to earn money and build reputation [and if you use it properly you will], then it will have a very different value to you than to someone showing it to friends in a sloppy way.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
the 3CM is a copy of the Triple Threat.
The Triple Threat is better tho as it uses an expanded shell, the coins look more realy, smaller one in particular.
I've seen and used both.
They can do things that end looking so clean and impossible that it's not funny.

Sep 15, 2007
I know Troy Hoosier and have seen this gaff devistate a room of magicians.
By devistate I mean that you cannot achieve this effect the same way by Sleeving.
Combining this gimmick with Sleight of hand really creates a unique feeling of magic.
I like Triple Threat better than the 3CM gimmick.

Imagine doing 3fry with your sleeves rolled up ....you vanish the first coin and show both hands empty, Vanish the second coin and show both hands empty then flip the last coin in the air, vanish it showing both hands empty.
Then make them reappear one by one from your hands or some impossible location. Davastating.

There are a number of good routines in the book that come with the gaff.
The magnetic aspect of it is what your really paying for along with the two [ coins. Quality is always worht the price if your going to use it in a professional capacity.
Later,
Snorri

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
By devistate I mean that you cannot achieve this effect the same way by Sleeving.
Combining this gimmick with Sleight of hand really creates a unique feeling of magic.

Imagine doing 3fry with your sleeves rolled up ....you vanish the first coin and show both hands empty, Vanish the second coin and show both hands empty then flip the last coin in the air, vanish it showing both hands empty.
Then make them reappear one by one from your hands or some impossible location. Davastating.

The magnetic aspect of it is what your really paying for along with the two [ coins. Quality is always worht the price if your going to use it in a professional capacity.
Later,
Snorri

Could not have said it better myself. This thing is amazing in the right hands.

Jul 19, 2008
The triple threat gimmick was created by Todd Lassen in collaboration with Troy Hooser. To explain the gimmick would be exposure in my opinion. I own the gimmick and have been using it for several years. Suffice it to say it allows you to create miracles of the highest order. When I bought the gimimick it was $300.00 and that's still pretty steep. Is it worth the money? When you get it you can see why it costs what it does. It was worth it to me. I don't know if it will be worth it to you. It's still cheaper that the Sherwood Cups :)

I've bought three products from Todd and they've all been worth the price and the waits. They're like works of art.

My shell and coin set from Todd opened doors that my previous shell would not allow me to walk through. Craftsmanship is priceless.

You do have to see these, or better yet handle them, to know what I mean.

Pj

Jun 13, 2011
troy

Later,
Snorri

I believe Troy uses a flipper coin and not a triple threat, and yes uses it very well,i have used both sets, and todd's solid coin is te right thickness, but there are other coin guys out there, Bob Swadling, Paul Tosi, and Roy k, which make as good of if not better coins then them two, i know i have gotton coins from all of them, but with the last three you get it in days not months

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results