Truffle Shuffle?

Hello all! Im looking for some insight into the truffle shuffle. Can someone please post a performance of this move (and dont just give me a link to the ondemand section:p). I want to know the difficulty, and "useability" of this move. How is it live? Is it convincing to spectators?? Etc.

also, is it better tahn the manfred shuffle from andthensome?

Thanks!

May 3, 2008
There's a performance on their sight. Why do you need another. Unless, you're hoping they'll perform it badly so you can figure it out.

Sep 3, 2008
ny
With enough practice this is a great false shuffle, it you dont practice or dont learn it properly it will look baddd.

As for the comparison with the manfred shuffle it is more open and angle friendly then the manfred but harder to learn.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
There's a performance on their sight. Why do you need another. Unless, you're hoping they'll perform it badly so you can figure it out.

I don't think so, he just one to see if it possible to perform. I saw this on demand and said that cool. But I not going to buy it. I really don't see the usage of a false shuffle(feels if I going to get flame on this.)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's not an easy move, but is usable. It's helpful for me since I do a fair amount of stack work. As with any such sleight, will withstand scrutiny, but should be used whilst attention is not focussed on the deck.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I really don't see the usage of a false shuffle(feels if I going to get flame on this.)
That's no reason to get flamed. ;) False shuffles are essential convincers for anyone who performs gambling demonstrations or works with memorized stacks (i.e., in mentalism and the like).
It's not an easy move, but is usable. It's helpful for me since I do a fair amount of stack work. As with any such sleight, will withstand scrutiny, but should be used whilst attention is not focussed on the deck.
Extremely insightful. Much appreciated!

I to am interested in the Truffle Shuffle - so any additional info you all can provide would be great! Thanks in advance, guys.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I personally prefer the grey shuffle by Ben Earl and in Ben's hands it looks better than The Truffle does in Derrick's (in my opinion). The methods are similar and the truffle is great as it it but its nice to take ideas from both.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I would toss up between the Truffle Shuffle and the Heinstein Shuffle which sells for a bit more.

Truffle Shuffle
-Great false riffle shuffle
-more open and exposed compared to Heinstein
-around 6/10 in difficulty
-Performance can be seen on the on Demand section of DnD however I haven't spotted an actual performance in real life as of yet.

Heinstein Shuffle (I always use this)
-Also a great false shuffle
-Similar to the truffle shuffle however with more cover
-great angles
-around 8/10 in difficulty (It's worth the effort IMO)
-Plenty of old school magicians eg Kostya Kimlat use this. Performances can be seen on youtube, just by searching Heinstein Shuffle.

-DL

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The thing I don't like about the Heinstein is the way the cards are shuffled. They are shuffled outwards as opposed to inwards like most normal shuffles.

My Heinstein shuffle is modified compared to Karl Hein's regular Heinstein. I shuffle inwards because it suits me better (he also teaches this on his DVD). It's fairly foolproof when performed correctly.

you dont see videos of the truffle, because it looks like a legit shuffle lol jk.
but it is very good.
and there are shuffles like it, but this one is very interesting in the method and timing.
i use it almost as much as a zarro, expeccially when i dont have a table.
i think its a fun move to practice and its quite nice and once you get the knack in the beginning it gets easier

Sep 1, 2007
The DelGaudio Shuffle, or the Truffle Shuffle, is indeed a very good shuffle. I also recommend checking out Benjamin Earl's Grey Shuffle. Personally I do a mix of these two shuffles with a few tips added from the Lennart Green's Green Shuffle.

The shuffle is very practical and I literally use it on a daily basis. It takes time to practice it and to get it down smoothly and it is actually pretty violent for your cards. In the end, I think it is totally worth it.

Truffle Shuffle.

You guys asked for it. I'd appreciate some feedback.

RS.

PS: I'm actually unfamiliar with the Truffle Shuffle, but I'm a fan and regular user of the Heinstein. I met up with Ray Kosby a few months ago at Denny&Lee's Magic Studio for a lecture, and he showed me a few tips to improve the technique. With his advice, you actually don't have to shuffle the deck twice as traditionally taught by Karl Hein. It's a straight-up Zarrow Shuffle performed in the hands. Pretty nice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results