Tyler Wilson's All of your Beeswax

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I think Tyler Wilson makes some good points, though I also think that he makes some bad ones (which he some what clarifies at the end).

I think the idea of switching things up is brilliant. It personalizes the magic to whoever is doing it. But the idea that a trick would lose its entertainment if the participant knows what is going to happen? I don't think so. Even in his essay/article, The Avengers vs Tub, which do you think people found more entertaining? I promise you that most people would say The Avengers. Why? Because it had build-up tied with great production value.

I don't know where Tyler gets that we go from start (A) to a step away from start (B) instead of going to finish (Z), but I also agree that many magicians skip some vital entertainment letters in between (in Tyler's words- ellemenoopee).

Over all though, I think Tyler's main argument is just to get the reader to think about how to further the art of magic; this thought is brought with force to readers mind. I feel that he does a great job of that and I thank you for the link.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results