UltraGaff or Ellusionist Bicycle Gaff Deck

Sep 1, 2007
I still don't understand why people ask questions about products here at T11 when they should be asking at the source. Which in this case, Ellusionist...

You'd get much better answers from the company that sells the actual product then a site that has absolutely nothing to do with the product. Same goes for all sites. You have a question about a product from Penguin, go ask at Penguin..have a question about Black's products, go over to their site, etc etc...

On another note, you can't just ask "Which should I get?". You got to give us some idea of what you're looking for..Along with things like, if you plan on getting the accompanying DVDs that go with the decks and do you have a well rounded understanding for card sleights and so on...

In the end though, this question should be asked at the site that actually sells the product, not here.

-Dave-

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I still don't understand why people ask questions about products here at T11 when they should be asking at the source. Which in this case, Ellusionist...

You'd get much better answers from the company that sells the actual product then a site that has absolutely nothing to do with the product. Same goes for all sites. You have a question about a product from Penguin, go ask at Penguin..have a question about Black's products, go over to their site, etc etc...

On another note, you can't just ask "Which should I get?". You got to give us some idea of what you're looking for..Along with things like, if you plan on getting the accompanying DVDs that go with the decks and do you have a well rounded understanding for card sleights and so on...

In the end though, this question should be asked at the site that actually sells the product, not here.

-Dave-

Why? Just because the forum members over there have the exact same product as those over here but they're registered at the source makes their opinions more valid? I wouldn't be getting the DVD's, just the deck. I have read through Erdnase and RRTCM along with some miscellaneous pdfs. So now can you give me an answer or do I have to register on Ellusionist so we can have the exact same conversation over there?

Sep 1, 2007
UK

You'd get much better answers from the company that sells the actual product then a site that has absolutely nothing to do with the product. Same goes for all sites. You have a question about a product from Penguin, go ask at Penguin..have a question about Black's products, go over to their site, etc etc...[/I]

Why? Where is the logic in that?

This isn't a question regarding any facts about the product, in such a case going to Ellusionist would have probably be the best way to go, but this is asking for opinions. It makes sense to me that if you want peoples honest opinions about something, go AWAY from the source, the closer you get, the more biased things are likely to become.

Huruey

Aug 31, 2007
Well i have the red gaff and the ghost gaff, and don't use either of them, ever. I don't have ultra gaff though, but i like to stick with impromptu stuff.

Jun 3, 2008
I have the Ultragaff and the 3 dvd's and the dvds are amazing (The teaching really goes into depth, they even this you a couple of sleights you can do)

And the deck has endless oppurtunities

highly recommend

May 26, 2008
Why? Where is the logic in that?

This isn't a question regarding any facts about the product, in such a case going to Ellusionist would have probably be the best way to go, but this is asking for opinions. It makes sense to me that if you want peoples honest opinions about something, go AWAY from the source, the closer you get, the more biased things are likely to become.

Huruey

Why would they be biased? Ellusionist sells both products. Normally I would agree with you, but in this case your logic doesn't really apply.

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Why would they be biased? Ellusionist sells both products. Normally I would agree with you, but in this case your logic doesn't really apply.

Seriously, It is a question about 1 E product vs another E product. This has nothing to do with bias as far as the sites go. I am not saying you can't get valid feedback here, but it should be easy to see why it would probably make more sense to post there - people who read it are more likely to have both products instead of saying "that one looks cooler."

Dec 13, 2007
I have the red gaff and the tiger gaff... And i have never, i repeat, NEVER have used either of them

However... the ultragaff is great... i have used parallel about 5 times since i learned it... i have used crowded probably the same amt... i've used Heat like 2 times...

Point is i use the ultragaff

however i would get the dvd's... there is some great material... and i would be lost without some of the tricks on this

Sep 2, 2007
I second youngd94's opinion. ultragaff was definitely worth the price of admission. What Db and WH did here is awesome. In the past i had purchased Tiger gaff, Red gaff, and ghost gaff decks and did absolutely nothing with them.Even after purchasing Army of 52 DVd, all I did was wind up selling it on Ebay. Unlike the previous gaff decks, I've already used some tricks with these cards. I got crazy reactions with unicycle( heck even jackpot).Id like to perform parallel and Heat soon as well.

All-in-all Ultragaff is worth it.

Sep 1, 2007
UK

The ultragaff is far more recent, and for them to recommend the Red Gaff Deck over ULTRAgaff would be silly, as it would go against all the recent hype they've pumping, regardless of which is actually better. Many people who have bought ultragaff will also be under the influence of this kind of marketing. Furthermore, there's greater sales opportunity for them if they recommend UltraGaff, seen as the sale is likely to be accompanied by the sale of 3 DVDs. There's still bias.

Huruey

It honestly depends. If you really want something simnple and cheap then get a normal red gaff.

Now, here is the tough part. At first you may sat "Oh! I am so good. I don't need the three DVD's for the ultragaff." Think again. You will almost be completely lost without the DVD's.

FINAL THOUGH:

Either way you are going to need the DVD that goes with it. I would say the Ultragaff is your best bet but really get the DVD's.

Sep 1, 2007
The ultragaff is far more recent, and for them to recommend the Red Gaff Deck over ULTRAgaff would be silly, as it would go against all the recent hype they've pumping, regardless of which is actually better.

Uh dude? The people who would be giving advice wouldn't be the company sales team. It would be customers who also use the forums. Not everything needs a conspiracy theory.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results