Unbuttoned Questions

I have some questions about Josh Burch's "Unbuttoned" effect on the wire.

I really like the look of the effect but first I would like a couple questions answered before I buy.

1. Will Defferent sized buttons work?---- I have a whitish and blue button that are roughly the same size, but the front outer lip is curved on one and squared on the other... its not that easy to see unless you are a foot or two away.

2. Can the button be changed back with the shirt still buttoned? --- When he does the button-up shirt effect he unbuttons the shirt to change it back to its origional color. Is there a way it can be changed back with it still buttoned?

3. Do you have to alter a shirt to do this effect? --- What I mean by that is do you have to make cuts or add a button or something to the shirt, or can it be done with a plain shirt? I am pretty sure I need to do something to the shirt...

4. Is it an effect that can be worn for long periods of time? --- Maybe an afternoon without anyone detecting it?

Thank you guys for your help!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
1. Will Defferent sized buttons work?---- I have a whitish and blue button that are roughly the same size, but the front outer lip is curved on one and squared on the other... its not that easy to see unless you are a foot or two away.

Yeah different sized buttons should be fine as long as it's not too dramatic. Different shapes should work as well. I only use buttons that are comparable to each other in size though.

2. Can the button be changed back with the shirt still buttoned? --- When he does the button-up shirt effect he unbuttons the shirt to change it back to its origional color. Is there a way it can be changed back with it still buttoned?

The button must be unbuttoned to change the button's color in all of the changes besides the "Permanent Change". After "Permanent Change" has been performed the button stays it's new color.

3. Do you have to alter a shirt to do this effect? --- What I mean by that is do you have to make cuts or add a button or something to the shirt, or can it be done with a plain shirt? I am pretty sure I need to do something to the shirt...

For the three main versions you do need to alter the shirt. For the Alternate version, that I don't use, you can install the gimmick into any shirt you want, in most places you have a button.

4. Is it an effect that can be worn for long periods of time? --- Maybe an afternoon without anyone detecting it?

Yes, I wear this when I perform walk around. I am set up to do either the polo change or the permanent change. The great thing is that once you have installed the gimmick you can wear the shirts as regular shirts all day or you can load the gimmick and be prepared to perform it anytime. The only thing I do with the permanent change is I wear a tie or open my set with it. After you do the change you wont be able to change it back in front of the audience. I don't mind though because it makes it absolutely examinable afterwords.

The effect is a nice warm up. In the video I teach an in the spectators hands handling. That is what I use the most. Let me know if I can answer any of your other questions. If you purchase the effect PM me I love feed back. I'll see if I can't make it worth your time :)

Thank you for your response!! After answering my questions it seems like an effect that I will really like!

I am going to purchase it later today. Thank you. I will be sure to give you feedback in a PM! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results