Unseal & reseal bicycle decks?

Dec 14, 2010
I've got a last minute idea for some stocking stuffers for friends, but it involves essentially unsealing and re-sealing decks of bicycle cards. I know I can get the box seal open and re-closed without an issue, it's really the shrink wrap that's tricky. Anyone have suggestions on how I could accomplish it?

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2008
Go in from the bottom. Be very careful. Use an exacto blade to peel the corners open. Re-seal with super glue. I would suggest giving the pull tab a start if someone else is going to open it. Resealing the cellophane never looks "perfect" so you don't want someone fumbling trying to get at the pull tab which it turn gives them more time to inspect the wrapper.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Putting the cellophane on the box isn't a really big deal in my opinion. Someone could hand me a deck of cards that didn't have any plastic on it but it had the little seal, I would think its brand new. And some places don't put cellophane on them. All that matters is the seal, which you can buy at Ellusionist. :)

Feb 4, 2008
I would agree with that. Most laymen have no idea that you can actually buy deck seals on their own so the celophane is more of a convincer for magicians.

Jan 9, 2011
I find that when I perform a signed card to sealed deck, most of the time the seal is perfectly fine. If you're working with a demographic or a situation where you absolutely have to sell (like getting a job or impressing that one girl), cellophane is best. It takes longer to reveal thus building suspense AND you can leave it out.

I once had a group of kids about a half hour into routine realizing you can just peel the sticker away and put a duplicate in or whatnot. With cellophane I have no problem leaving them with the results.

Jun 10, 2010
I find that when I perform a signed card to sealed deck, most of the time the seal is perfectly fine. If you're working with a demographic or a situation where you absolutely have to sell (like getting a job or impressing that one girl), cellophane is best. It takes longer to reveal thus building suspense AND you can leave it out.

I once had a group of kids about a half hour into routine realizing you can just peel the sticker away and put a duplicate in or whatnot. With cellophane I have no problem leaving them with the results.

Interesting most people seem to think dealing with the seal is harder. It's actually very simple to open the box up from, say, the bottom instead of carefully peeling the seal. The new cellophane is a ***** to open and save, trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results