Untouched - RXillusionist :: Review

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hi- RXillusionist and I had a recent talk about his effect Untouched:Visual Card

to Box. There is a topic around the forums about this effect.

He is still working on this effect and sent me a prototype to review.

The Review

Trick: Untouched: Visual Card to Box

Created By: Clive Ng

Story: “After 2 years of work, a brick of Wynns and a hell of a load of breaking in, practicing, giving up and all that jazz, I have (finally) created a gem of the art. My magic life is reborn, and magic is UNTOUCHED.”

Effect: Untouched is not a trick, but an application that will change the way you see your tuck box window.With Untouched, you can Vanish, Change, Transpose and Produce cards from your tuck box, all without touching the card.

Genre: Card Magic

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtxDE4UMt4

Format: Video

Video and Quality:

Video-The video is split into: Demo video, Basic Gimmick, Demo Version Explained, My Favorite Version Explained, and Final Thoughts, Adoptions, and Angels. The video is also well edited and put together.

Quality-The quality of this video is pretty good. There were definitely no problems hearing or seeing what was being said or done.

Layout:

Demo Video: See video above

The Basic Gimmick: Explains how and what is needed to construct the gimmick and why it works.

Demo Version: Described here is the explanation to perform the basic Demo Version.

My Favorite Version: Similar to Demo ver., but with different patter work and this ver. can be signed.

Final Thoughts, Adaptations, and Angles: Described here are some applications to what can be done with the gimmick and the best angles to perform this trick.

Performances: There’s only one (1) performance “for you” (on a magicians mat) video and that’s the Demo, but that’s not a problem.

Teaching: This video has really great teaching too. It’s very easy to follow along and very easy to learn from. I had no questions or things I was confused about when the video was over. I was blown away for the first time in a long time. His patter, his personality, his handling; everything was perfect.
When Clive teaches, he goes over everything you need to know to be able to perform this.

Method: WOW… This method for this effect is simply genius, and it's pretty clever,

Items Needed: This section is pretty straightforward. You might have everything needed for it; you only need 3 items to make the gimmick. In fact, you probably use them often, or they'll be very easy for you to obtain.

Gimmick and Impromtuness:

Gimmick-The gimmick is easy to construct and is convincing, durable, and versatile. The gimmick can be easily carried in your pocket or within your cards for an ON THE SPOT performance. You can even borrow a deck and do the trick (if it has a window, of course). The gimmick will only work with Wynns or Bees Playing Cards, or on playing card’s box that have a window. The trick is really that visual, and it really is as awesome as the demo makes it sound. Easy to conceal, and is very small and very light.

Impromtuness- Obviously, this effect isn't completely impromptu, simply because you need a gimmick.

Set-Up: The Set-Up is quick and easy. For the Demo Version, Set-Up only takes about less than 10 sec. For the Favorite Version, Set-Up takes about the same time as the Demo version. I really like the illusion that this effect provides.

Dirtiness and Clean-Up:

Dirtiness- In the end of this effect you end slightly dirty: In this case, this simply means that the effect utilized a gimmick and the gimmick needs to be disposed of. Then everything can be handed out. I have come to the realization that the spectators will never notice this. It goes right by them. So yes, you're left dirty, but it's not a big deal at all!

Clean-Up: In this effect, Clean-Up is convincing, easy, clean and fair.

Reset: The reset for this trick also takes about 3 seconds. You can do it in front of your spectators, and not worry about being caught.

Angles: The angels are very good and you can easily manage them. An approximate 160 degrees area in front of you (No one directly at the sides or behind you).

Difficulty: This effect is ingeniously simple. This trick is so simple, it's almost self-working. It requires almost no sleight of hand and the payoff is well worth it. On a scale of 1-10 (Ten being the hardest), I say it’s about a 3.

Applications: You can Vanish, Change, Transpose, Produce and Restore cards from your tuck box. There are many adaptations you can put into this effect.

Overall: I'm going to be brutally honest.... it's just plain awesome. The best part for me is it can be done almost anytime, anywhere with any deck of cards with a window. Clive goes into a lot of detail of why this effect works the way it does, It's absolutely perfect for walk-around, street-magic, close-up, ect, and takes up very little pocket space. I think it's something that I will probably us. And to reemphasize: I love how visual it is. This effect is amazing, it looks so cool, it’s super easy and clean.

Bonus: A Sybil Variation performance by Clive Ng.

Score: 9.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2008
This sounds amazing. Totally worth carrying an extra deck of wynns with me for (to keep the gimmick in). Would you be able to perform a series of tricks before untouched and then close with it?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
This sounds amazing. Totally worth carrying an extra deck of wynns with me for (to keep the gimmick in). Would you be able to perform a series of tricks before untouched and then close with it?

Hi- holo,yes, you can do your routines and then close with this effect at the end.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results