USPS Art of Magic Kit?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
https://store.usps.com/store/product/stamp-gifts/the-art-of-magic-kit-S_476829

Anyone else seen this? I've been following the progress on the release of the stamps since it was first revealed. I don't collect stamps but I was really digging the designs and wanted to pick up a sheet just to have but I had no idea they were releasing a deck as well. The cards look pretty neat imo. Very reminiscent of the NPH deck. Might have to pick one up. What's also cool is it has an instruction booklet written by Mac King. The tricks are simple but it's still a neat inclusion.
Kinda interesting that USPS has such an appreciation for magic lol.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

Jan 14, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
It seems like a good magic kit (for cards), nothing too special. My guess is that it'll come with a Svengali/stripper deck and invisible thread, though it might not. Mac King is a fantastic comedy magician and if he developed the tricks, they're probably solid tricks to perform with, even if they're on the easier side.

I do really want that deck though. They seem elegant and classy, but not over the top. Do you know if it's printed by USPCC with the standard Air Cushion finish, etc., or is it different?

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
It seems like a good magic kit (for cards), nothing too special. My guess is that it'll come with a Svengali/stripper deck and invisible thread, though it might not. Mac King is a fantastic comedy magician and if he developed the tricks, they're probably solid tricks to perform with, even if they're on the easier side.

I do really want that deck though. They seem elegant and classy, but not over the top. Do you know if it's printed by USPCC with the standard Air Cushion finish, etc., or is it different?
I think they are USPCC

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
Looks like it's a standard USPCC produced deck, with a few gaffs - if the performances/demos are anything to go by.

The tricks are fairly basic, but there are some fun presentations (especially the Karate Card), and hopefully it will get some kids interested in magic.

Here are the demos with Mac King performing the five tricks included:

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
I received these for Christmas. The deck is designed by the same guy that did the Rarebits deck, and I really like the design.

There are five included stamps that you can mount into the included instruction manual for the magic tricks (all card tricks) that come included with the kit.

I really recommend this kit, it's such a neat little thing (and so random that it's produced by the Postal Service). The box even has a fun little false compartment trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results