VCR Change Question

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying this 1 on 1 but I have one quick question. Can you perform the change without the spectator knowing (facedown), and hand them the card which they think is still the first one? Or does the cleanup happen after the card is turned face up?

Jun 22, 2009
You need to reveal the card has changed to clean up. And in my opinion is the only way you should perform it since its a color change.

Sep 1, 2007
Terrible angles. I'm sure you could make your own method to do what you ask of with the material he gives you. But I don't personally recommend this at all unless all you're gunna do it camera work.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just to clear some of the misconceptions in this thread up - YES, you can just use this as a switch (without the turnover), as that is how Apollo has used this change much of the time with Driver's Licenses.

Regarding angles - they are by no means terrible. Just because an effect requires angles to be managed and acknowledged does not mean they're terrible - it means they require that acknowledgement and cognizance.

This is something that can absolutely be used in real world performances, especially when standing at a walkaround gig with the spectator looking down at your hands. Angles are discussed in depth in the video by Apollo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results