Vector (Impromptu Haunted Deck)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I like both of your senses of style.

Oh, right, the trick.

Well, eh. If it works for you, I guess. There are cleaner versions that don't pop out like that, and dirtier versions that pop out a lot more convincingly. So yours, I think, looks like a middle ground. I think that at this point it's a matter of preference, but it seems to work fine. Although personally, I'd prefer it to pop out slower and generally give it more time.

The only real point of criticism I have is that you have a good looking effect with little idea of how to sell it. The high point of your act was when the card popped out, not when you revealed it - and that's fine, kind of. Having performed the haunted deck, I can understand the reaction, but you need to play it out. The revelation of the card became a non-event where it should at the very least sustain the mood. But your trick was over the moment it popped out.

PatrickKun

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.patrickkun.com
I like both of your senses of style.

Oh, right, the trick.

Well, eh. If it works for you, I guess. There are cleaner versions that don't pop out like that, and dirtier versions that pop out a lot more convincingly. So yours, I think, looks like a middle ground. I think that at this point it's a matter of preference, but it seems to work fine. Although personally, I'd prefer it to pop out slower and generally give it more time.

The only real point of criticism I have is that you have a good looking effect with little idea of how to sell it. The high point of your act was when the card popped out, not when you revealed it - and that's fine, kind of. Having performed the haunted deck, I can understand the reaction, but you need to play it out. The revelation of the card became a non-event where it should at the very least sustain the mood. But your trick was over the moment it popped out.

I do agree with you. About the revelation, actually when I performed to her the card shot out and flipped over so she saw the card right away and that's when she reacts. In the video, I did some cut to show the animation of the deck better because in live the performance the deck was very slippery and didn't look exactly the way I wanted. Again, thanks for your feedback.

-Patrick Kun

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
WOW. That was crazy. Very very nice. Your camera work and editing was top notch as well as the effect. Just slow it down a little. But bravo!

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Yeah I remembered G Force. It's totally different and his isn't practical at all since it is super angle sensitive. With my version, it can be done almost surrounded.

Very nice. I'd love to see that released man. I like it. I sent you a friend request on FB if you don't mind.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I do agree with you. About the revelation, actually when I performed to her the card shot out and flipped over so she saw the card right away and that's when she reacts. In the video, I did some cut to show the animation of the deck better because in live the performance the deck was very slippery and didn't look exactly the way I wanted. Again, thanks for your feedback.

-Patrick Kun

No worries. Congrats on your new release.

Dec 1, 2010
Vector is now released at Ellusionist, wish it was Dan and Dave or Theory11, but they have Static, anyway it rocks totally buying it!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
i 'll buy it today, it looks like static but without gimmick , i'm too curious
No it doesnt. The deck is quite animated with Static and it looks convincing, Vector looks like it uses a really old move and the cards barely move.

Dec 26, 2009
No it doesnt. The deck is quite animated with Static and it looks convincing, Vector looks like it uses a really old move and the cards barely move.

For arguments sake, the performance for the lady in the video is not the way it really looks. I would hate to ask this but have you never had a deck not work the way you expect it to in live performance? That is what happened two times during the performance in the Vector trailer. That is why Patrick added the over the shoulder shot of the deck moving and the far away shot of the card shot. It was added so you can see the way it really looks. Patrick might be mad at me for sharing this but THIS is the way it really looks.

[video=vimeo;18943873]http://vimeo.com/18943873[/video]​

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results