Video editing tips?

Dec 31, 2013
West Virginia
I'm thinking about starting a Youtube but I'm not that good with the editing yet. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that will help. Any would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Unfortunately you gave us very minimal information. What kind of videos do you want to publish on your channel? VLog-videos? Live performance videos? Performance videos just for the camera? Cardistry videos? Shortfilms and if so, comedy or more serious stuff?

All of those different types of videos require a different approach when it comes to editing and filming. Also, what kind of budget are you on or do you already have a proper editing software? Do you have experience in filming? Maybe color grading?

Tell us a little bit more about you're plans.

Regards,
Joey

Sep 21, 2014
Are you PC or Mac?

If PC, AppGeeker video editor is pretty good for video editing - download from the AppGeeker website...

http://www.appgeeker.com

If your editing on Macintosh, go for Apple iMovie which pre-installed on your computer.

Dec 31, 2013
West Virginia
I was thinking about doing cardisty / magic. I've been using iMovie for the past week just messing around with it. I was just wondering if there are any affects or tips that can make the content look better like color grading or special affects. Thank you all for the help. I'll just play around with everything and practice practice practice.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
I was just wondering if there are any affects or tips that can make the content look better like color grading or special affects.
Make sure that you turn off any of the picture styles in your camera. The built in picture styles mess with the contrast and colors of your raw footage and make it difficult for you to grade your footage in post. Those picture styles are for people that don't have a software for grading.

Most of the consumer cameras have a pretty ugly digital grain. You can achieve a much nicer (more cinematic) look if you de-noise your raw footage and then add some film grain (search for film grain stock footage) back in.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results