Video - Featuring My New Clothes Designs

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Ok just wondering what you guys think about my video it was for a course where I had to do something creative (yes its an easy course ;) ), I know that The XCM isn't all that great I really don't practice XCM, hardly at all and some text in the video says "NEW TRICKS" really there are no NEW tricks in that video but there are some tricks that are in the process of being made. Dan White has already contributed some material for my site as well, the site isn't finished yet but it will be very soon!!

Anyway back on topic what do you guys think of the new logo (the one with the spades with wings) for the shirt and hoodie? The other designs aren't as original or as cool.

http://vimeo.com/3934182

After the credits there is a behind the scenes effect of me performing a fun little effect!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
The logo is not very impressive IMO. It is a basic Spade outline with wings. It is not at all memorable.

On your page, try to make it look more professional. Especially your staff pictures. They don't make you look at all serious.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
I was going for a simplistic design with the logo, it was hand drawn using a tablet, and the website isn't finished yet but I completely agree with the photos they look childish. The site is taking a while because I designed every graphic on it except the menu bar and now I am in the process of converting everything to a php library and much more extensive css. Thank you for your feed back any toughts on the video? I tried to make it match the music well.

they look very similar to wynn cards

Cringie Old Boy old Buddy.

I from what i saw they are kind of similar from the main design standpoint.
But the fact is that everyone is using high vector imaging to make cards that look like they have skeletons on them, some punisher or even a little guy who has a gas mask on him. Modern card design is compacting big images to small amounts of room and i think that if you are a flourisher those are yours but a magician should use something that dosent get the focus on them but more to highlight you.

But the two thing on there are quite small actually. But i will have a better saying if i see some PICTURES.

Mikk

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
video didnt have a very... creative feel?

apart from that, the stills in the video lacked professionality if youre attempting to sell clothes. Messy room cramped room photoshoot..? Honestly..?

but with that said, im rather impressed with the whole dan white thing.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Yeah I don't like cards that are too fancy. Sometimes just them being so busy or too flashy brings too much attention to them. The picture in the video (35 sec) seems to give a good jist of the design but I'll upload a better one.

Cringie Old Boy old Buddy.

I from what i saw they are kind of similar from the main design standpoint.
But the fact is that everyone is using high vector imaging to make cards that look like they have skeletons on them, some punisher or even a little guy who has a gas mask on him. Modern card design is compacting big images to small amounts of room and i think that if you are a flourisher those are yours but a magician should use something that dosent get the focus on them but more to highlight you.

But the two thing on there are quite small actually. But i will have a better saying if i see some PICTURES.

Mikk

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
video didnt have a very... creative feel?

apart from that, the stills in the video lacked professionality if youre attempting to sell clothes. Messy room cramped room photoshoot..? Honestly..?

but with that said, im rather impressed with the whole dan white thing.

NOT PLANNING ON SELLING CLOTHES!!! Lol. This was for a class project and the creativity was in the design of the shirt logo. That took some time It was hand drawn and the texture brushes were also custom. The song itself was chosen because my name is Will and the lyrics were pretty cool. And the messy room was to give the audience (college students) a feel of familiarity. That room was a dorm room. I have access to studios and the best equipment out there I chose to do it in my room. If I was planning on selling clothes I would have used our 10,000 dollar camera, I would have used my D40 for the pics and had recorded in a studio.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results