Video For Trashman

Nov 6, 2007
So you wanted something funny...Here's the best I could do of the top of my head. Note...I am not a comedy magician. So I just kind of fooled around. But anyways most of you will think this is stupid. Oh well. I just hope trashman likes it. And by the way I KNOW it's a not a very skilled video...It's a single trick...it's meant to be funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQmtm3MByk

Sep 1, 2007
It was great!!! however like in your "double spring" video, the first 30 seconds were somewhat superfluous, it sounded like a leaking sink or something (???) in the background, I dunno. the music went really well with the act though, and I actually noticed you had calmed it down quite a bit and created sort of an atmosphere by combining your "flares" with the flute music. This was good, because you're creating a video that is showing more than just a backpalm, and moving into an actual act meant to entertain. Note that this particular video wasn't as hilarious as the sort of "Jackie Chan" thing you had going on in your very first vid, but, it is still a VERY original style and that is what counts! you don't have to be at 100% intensity all the time (it can be entertaining without being hiliarious), create your act around high and low points of energy so that the audience can calm down with you for the single backpalm vanishes/productions, and then when you do your bigger tricks (say a fan production), that's a good time to incorporate more energy into your presentation!

Now that your single backpalms are good (the boomerang card toss was great too, but the camera missed most of it), time to integrate some multiple card backpalms into your act and do some cardini single productions or perfect productions!

also to the Hugh Jassels in this thread: I told him i would help let him know if stuff is original or not and I'm actually interested in giving constructive criticism unlike you guys!!!!

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
also to the Hugh Jassels in this thread: I told him i would help let him know if stuff is original or not and I'm actually interested in giving constructive criticism unlike you guys!!!!

No worries, but maybe you guys could just use email or something instead of using the forums as your personal instant messaging system? And I know someone will say "hurr, no one is forcing you to click on the thread, just go away" but I honestly feel I wasted 1minute 50 seconds of my life which I will never get back.

If it's a video for trashman, then send trashman a pm. It's not that complicated.

Sep 1, 2007
fair enough, but he probably could also benefit from other constructive feedback if any other members wanted to chime in.

and come on don't tell me you didn't laugh at least once. the most recent video I made, wasn't the most critically acclaimed, but I tried to put some funny stuff in there, I mean even if you didn't like the video but it made you smile, it was worth your while.

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
Well I did let out a small giggle at the half untucked shirt and weird ass belt, but the 40 seconds of nothingness at the start did kind of put a damper on it.

But hey, at least he has his own style and that's cool, I respect that; in fact we need more people that are brave enough to put their own stuff out there. I just personally felt it was crap.

But seriously, keep it up though, eventually with a bit of snazzy editing and something other than a backpalm, you might actually make an entertaining video.

And trashman if you mean this video I dunno what you're talking about, I found most of it hilarious. Also that card juggling stuff at the end was flipping awesome =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I'm very glad that you enjoyed it :D fyi that particular style of "card juggling" is technically called brushing, and yes it is flipping fun! check out my battle vid #2 for a bit more of it.

but please edit your post and remove that link, I don't want any of my videos on theory 11 right now, or ever. for various reasons that would be off topic in this thread ;)

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
My bad man, I should've asked before I posted it... incidentally where did you learn the brushing? It looks really interesting.

I have a feeling you're going to say the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes... but meh :p

Nov 6, 2007
Yeah guys...I thought it was funny...and by the way I wasn't trying to IMPRESS trashmanf. I just wanted to have some fun. And by the way humor is not my style. I just did that for fun trashman. I do have my own style still though. And the leaking sink was the rain in the backround of the music. (and i was making extra rain sounds to add effect...)

Sep 1, 2007
okay I just had to fix a toilet and it sounded just like that, LOL. then after that I had to fix a sink but the bolts were all rusted together, I just bought a house and am sort of figureing this stuff out as I go, I don't have many tools, but I do have a hammer and some fairly badass scissors. THAT was fun:

sink.jpg

Loz you're correct in that I did learn the basic concept from the EoPCF, but brushing isn't one of those things that there's some magical secret to. You just have to drop a billion cards and practice like a motherthumper. You CAN do some specific things to increase your chances of success though, which I'll be happy to list if you're interested.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results