Video Taping yourself

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Ugh. I just wanted to say how much I hate watching myself perform. I'm just looking back at my most recent stage performance (haven't even started writing notes yet!) and there's so much to work on! I see so many little things that I dislike. It's discouraging, frustrating, and embarrassing. They enjoyed the show, but I hate this part.

Do any of you record your live stage performances? How do you organize pages and pages of notes to work on?

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I film everything I can for sure.

I first pay attention to the happy accidents and the big laughs so that I can repeat them. If something came out better than my original script I'll rewrite it.

With most of my mistakes I can feel which is the most pressing. If there was a major mistake I look at how I could have fixed it and if I liked my "out" for it.

I feel your pain though, I've never had a perfect show and I always have to work on something new.

lol I HATE watching myself. I have gotten to used to knowing how people view me and how I view myself I swear I'm living in a double life! Just remember: you are your worst critic. Even when you just absolutely bomb onstage in front of memorable people you'll probably interact with the following day, laugh it off. It's happened to me plenty of times, where I'll drop a card, randomly stall, or even fail a maneuver downright. I try hard to fix those mistakes, but they still happen. Just don't take yourself too seriously; let the art speak for itself.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results