Video Tips

May 9, 2012
New York
I have a trick that i want to submit to the Wire but i dont own a good camcorder. does anyone know where i can buy a decent camcorder for a reasonable price? or perhaps some tips to make the video better since i know nothing about filming. by the way, the trick is a card and coin routine (if that changes anything). also, i see alot of people who film outside in big cities and you can hear them speak perfectly clear. how do they do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 8, 2012
First of all i would look for recommended camcorders and then compare prices, when filming you want to be aware of angles so you will need to position the camcorder. Also try to use natural light (e.g film near a window) because if you are using your house lights you might get a grainy effect (which isn't good). I am no expert myself but these are what i do to get the best film from my camcorder.
Hope this helps !

For Camcoders, you should check Sony, Panasonic yeah ! They are cheaper than Canon. The editing software are Corel Video Studio, Cyberlink Power Director, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premere and if your computer is Window 7, it has Window Movie Maker Live BTW if your computer is Win 7 x64, i recommend Power Director ^^ Yes, like MagicSleightly said, you should use natural light and you need to stand or sit with the sunlight in front of your eyes. Hope my post help you ^^ :)

Apr 1, 2009
California
If you're just trying to get stuff submitted to the wire. you don't have to be TOO picky with the camera choice. so as long as you can get a clear image. Which, unless you're recording with a potato, most of todays cameras can get you. Even a simple $100 point and shoot. When you process your video in whatever editor you use, just make sure that it doesn't distort the image. One of the bigger problems you might have with recording is audio. 99.9% of the time, the camera you use will produce pretty horrible audio. So especially if you're going to go with a cheap camera, I would look into an external audio recorder. Or at least find a camera that allows you to adjust the settings of the mic to make it strong enough. and don't be afraid to play around to find the best option. you might need music playing in the background to block out any additional fuzz... that's sort of the make shift fix.

The most important thing when making a video is your production. If you get the right angles, right lighting, and are clear with what you have to say, it should do well... Most of the time when I'm watching an explanation. I just want it to be clear, with little distraction. different camera angles do help. You could use a second camera man rather than a tripod. but unless you have some way to keep that camera steady, it'll usually cause you more harm than it does good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results