Video

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey man check if your vid was accepted... I think if they didnt it was because you mostly showed us your house.. your zoom in you and your chops not your living room.. I didnt see the reason to mirror the vid, maybe you had one, if you dont have please dont mirror it.. I think that you take like 5 seconds between each move, and all the moves should be next to each other unless you are using the rhythm of the music.. maybe this wasnt your goal, to
follow the music.. For me you should make a new vid with the same chops if you want.. but:

Dont mirror the vid please
Move your camera so we can see you and your chops no most of your house.
Dont make such big motions to do a spring, or to do a Backpalm(jack remove backpalm if u think its exposure, its the name of the move BTW xD).
Dont take so much time between each move, do it all the moves following the last one, I hope you know what I mean.
If you are using music, mute your video sound, so we dont hear so loud the snap of the cards.
Try to make like a Title for the vid, you just recorded it, downloaded it from your cam, and upload it.. edit it.. give it some presentation..
I think that if u dont have or dont want to make many moves so the song can end and you end your routine then cut the song, It will look MUCH better

These are the reasons I thought your vid wasnt accepted, if it wasnt, and this suggests are for you to improve your video quality..

Nov 6, 2007
Ok.

A-Mirroring the video makes it easier tape myself.

B-What's wrong with mirroring?

C-The quality fine. I'm looking at from a one of the latest macs. If you can't see it well it's because your computer screen's old, low quality, or not set right. And if you care that much, then obviosly your expecting proffesional quality. I'm not proffesional. Therefore I don't have the money to do that.

D-As far as saying chops. Well...let's following your theory down the little path of the future...
1.you can't see tricks as well.
2.Why do you need see my face so well, it's about my hands, and the cards, not about my face.

E-I can't zoom with an EyeToy. And it's the best I can get.

F- I admit I didn't follow the music very well. I did the best I could. And I'm sorry I couldn't do it better. Next time I'll try harder.

G-You just defied Jeff Mcbride. You said that my motions were two big with the backpalm. If you have any of his DVD's you will know that he specificly says, always keep the hand moving.

H-i am sorry that to say that I do not agree with idea of doing card tricks 1 another. You should savor the moment. You shouldn't rush. The soung I felt was not high paced enough to do it that fast. Plus that's just my style. I like to fix the cards to their original state after their used. Though I do think that it is possible in certain situations to not want to do that because on very fast paced routines you might want to do that. This soung did not nearly need that pace of movement. Fast but not that fast.

I-I can't turn off the sound. Second I don't know how to edit.

J-Once again I don't know how to edit and I don't have the money to buy editing software. Unless you expect me to use youtube editor which stinks, then no.

K-I can't cut the song becaause I can't edit.

Finally I want to say that Trashmanf, YOU WERE RIGHT. I can't ask the "suckas" as you put it for advice. I'm posting this because I think your advice is not the greatest. I've tried hard to be respectful of you while still stating my opinion. I hope your realize it. And last not but not least before you comment this is not a speach, and I'm not getting over defensive. I just didn't think what you said made a lot of sense.

Sep 2, 2007
Hey man check if your vid was accepted... I think if they didnt it was because you mostly showed us your house.. your zoom in you and your chops not your living room.. I didnt see the reason to mirror the vid, maybe you had one, if you dont have please dont mirror it.. I think that you take like 5 seconds between each move, and all the moves should be next to each other unless you are using the rhythm of the music.. maybe this wasnt your goal, to
follow the music.. For me you should make a new vid with the same chops if you want.. but:

Dont mirror the vid please
Move your camera so we can see you and your chops no most of your house.
Dont make such big motions to do a spring, or to do a Backpalm(jack remove backpalm if u think its exposure, its the name of the move BTW xD).
Dont take so much time between each move, do it all the moves following the last one, I hope you know what I mean.
If you are using music, mute your video sound, so we dont hear so loud the snap of the cards.
Try to make like a Title for the vid, you just recorded it, downloaded it from your cam, and upload it.. edit it.. give it some presentation..
I think that if u dont have or dont want to make many moves so the song can end and you end your routine then cut the song, It will look MUCH better

These are the reasons I thought your vid wasnt accepted, if it wasnt, and this suggests are for you to improve your video quality..

I posted a videoa few days ago in my living room, maybe that's why they didn't put it up rofl. and how cna you tell it's mirrored? Anyway what killed it for was after double charliers he touched it with his stomach

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
If it got refused, and you really want to know why, maybe you should pm Richard.

or, IFF you are brave enough, submit it another time; then he'll probably tell you the reason for not putting it.

Unless they ended up submitting their video again in a couple weeks (even though the submission guide clearly says to not do it). Then I might tell them why it wasn’t accepted it the first time around.

You could also just ask and I’ll give you my honest opinion. But I can be a pretty harsh critic, so be ready for it haha.

Sep 1, 2007
ampersand is right, don't square cards with your body (LOL I do that too, much to my detriment), also at one part on the vid you were rocking left and right a bit unnecessarily, but other than that the actual VIDEO quality certainly wasn't any worse than a lot of the other stuff we see on here.

however, the fact that you didn't edit it at all, with like titles or transistions or something, might be a reason that rich wouldn't put it in the "front page media". however I like the fact that you did the routine unedited, for many people though that makes it less entertaining as the effects aren't coming fast enough for them. for example when you watch the X games on ESPN they don't show you every single run uncut, but just the best runs or the highlights for this reason.

still this is in my opinon your best video yet. Also be wary about directly addressing the "suckas" which hate on you, because as Jay-Z rapped, 'don't argue with fools/coz people from a distance can't tell who is who'

if you really want to get on the front page media , shoot rich a pm or an email and ask him specifically waht you can do to make it acceptable, or read his blog at www.cardistRZ.com there are some tips in there addressing this issue.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I didnt notice that he squared the cards with his body xD I do that too much too.. like trashmanf said this is your best vid yet, but add it some titles or something, and refilm it, follow my suggests above :) also this isnt much important, but do not use jokers, and be sure to dont flash THEM even if it is an extra joker :D

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
A-Mirroring the video makes it easier tape myself.
Why? :S

B-What's wrong with mirroring?
Nothing, I just dislike it very much, and I know I'm not the only one, it looks MUCH BETTER without mirroring.

C-The quality fine. I'm looking at from a one of the latest macs. If you can't see it well it's because your computer screen's old, low quality, or not set right. And if you care that much, then obviosly your expecting proffesional quality. I'm not proffesional. Therefore I don't have the money to do that.
First, I'm not looking for PRO quality, just for at least an average quality so we can see what you are doing, I dont care too much about the quality, the thing that matters is the f****g CHOPS, MOVES, however you wanna call it.

D-As far as saying chops. Well...let's following your theory down the little path of the future...
1.you can't see tricks as well.
2.Why do you need see my face so well, it's about my hands, and the cards, not about my face.
I think this wasnt for me.. because I told you the opposite... that is better if we see more your hands and the cards than your body :S..

E-I can't zoom with an EyeToy. And it's the best I can get..
You cant zoom, but you can move nearer the cam :S

G-You just defied Jeff Mcbride. You said that my motions were two big with the backpalm. If you have any of his DVD's you will know that he specificly says, always keep the hand moving.
Dammit think before you post :S.. I'm not defiyng anybody, Jeff McBride is one of the best card manipulators on earth, I have all his sets, I know what he says but REMEMBER something, you are not on stage, I think you are like performing stand-up or parlour however you wanna call it.. so with BIG MOTIONS you should be on STAGE so it looks NICE and you should FLOW with the music, if you are doing BIG motions use a song that FITS it, but you played TECHNO, so how on earth can you do that BIG MOTION with that music :S.. LISTEN CAREFULLY WHAT JEFF MCBRIDE SAYS..

H-i am sorry that to say that I do not agree with idea of doing card tricks 1 another. You should savor the moment. You shouldn't rush. The soung I felt was not high paced enough to do it that fast. Plus that's just my style. I like to fix the cards to their original state after their used. Though I do think that it is possible in certain situations to not want to do that because on very fast paced routines you might want to do that. This soung did not nearly need that pace of movement. Fast but not that fast.
If your style is squaring the cards with your body, you have a crappy style without any offense.. If u are smooth enough, you should square them instantly or with your fingers.. I accept that you square the cards with your body while you are practicing because I do.. but if u are filming a vid dont DO IT, even if it is t11 that doesnt accept crap.

I-I can't turn off the sound. Second I don't know how to edit.
Do you have a mac or a pc? if u have a pc, windows movie maker is FREE and even my brother that its 6 years old, will follow the steps that the same program tells you, so this isnt an excuse.. If u have a mac iMovie is TOO EASY too..

J-Once again I don't know how to edit and I don't have the money to buy editing software. Unless you expect me to use youtube editor which stinks, then no.

Do you have a mac or a pc? if u have a pc, windows movie maker is FREE and even my brother that its 6 years old, will follow the steps that the same program tells you, so this isnt an excuse.. If u have a mac iMovie is TOO EASY too..

K-I can't cut the song because I can't edit.

I think you just refilm it and take our advices, what I did was telling you what to do to improve your vids.. I have to admit that this is your best vid, but it doesnt mean that it is 5/5 for me is 2/5 :S I'm 100% sure that you cant imagine your vid on the media section here, because t11 just accpt NICE vids, with at least a title, I'm not telling you that you have to be Dana editing, what I'm telling you is that you could add some titles with a FREE editing software your computer MUST have..

P.S. I dont wanna be rude, but RICHARD or T11 STAFF thank you for no accepting that vid, it doesnt fit here.. so double decker refilm it and take our advices and you'll be in (I THINK) ;P

Nov 6, 2007
Well. I will change what I feel what is appropiate in my next video. As far as movie maker goes I had not heard of it. I will take advantage of it. As for squaring cards against my body I can change that. But I do like my style for the most part. As for my motions I don't feel their that big. The waving my hand wasn't that bad. As for the word "chops" I'm really not sure what you meen by it. I thought originally you meant face. But obviosly I was wrong. As for where I stand in the camera, how close, and how far away, I felt I where was, was good. It doesn't always need to be that upclose and personal. Things can be a little farther or closer away.

Sep 1, 2007
well if you got Jerry's third companion DVD he has a really good section on routining. one of the strongest points is filling up visual space with something interesting. so, for example you have very good card toss/boomerang card skills. These should be shown when you're zoomed out. But if you're doing cuts or fans, you need to fill as much visual space as possible with them.

but... you kind of did exactly that in this video, moving further away for the boomerang and moving close for the cuts and fans. so I don't get Aris' complaint about that?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hey guys, I'm only saying the things that he has to do to improve and to get a video in the media section in my opinion.. I think that double decker just was too far away from the camera, like trashman said you can fill up visual space, but not too far.. you were like 60% in the video and the environment another 40%, I liked that you didnt cut it, it was an uncut routine, but dont leave so much space for the environment thats all ;)

Lets follow Jay-Z advice.. :)

peace

Aris

First I'd like to say I barely read any of the previous posts.

Second, great job in doing an uncut manipulation routine, keep at it.

Now some pointers on some things:

1. Moving your body with the music and trying to sync your manipulation isn't something you should be attempting. Syncing manipulation with music comes down to pin-point execution of the moves. If you happen to spend a split second longer in squaring or readjusting the deck you're already off-beat and then have to play catch up. Save those dance moves for the dance floor, they'll come in handy in the future ;)

2. Learn some simple deck divisions, they can be great transitions in routines. A really simple one is to hold the deck in your left hand mechanics grip and then just riffle with the thumb and lift off half the deck and revolve the packet into your right hand. This is a very simple one and you can cross the arms to increase impact. Xtreme Beginners(XB) has a good amount for beginners.

3. You seem to be struggling with your Charliers in both hands, not sure if this is because of hand size or something else.

4. Attempting a long spring and it looked like your almost trying to get it over your head. Like I said attempting to run before learning to crawl, get the fluidity down in your spring first, then learn hand following technique. Hand following technique can be learned in the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. Jeff Mcbride also explains a simple hand following technique but it doesn't really get you much distant anyway so stick with the Encyclopedia.

5. Since you got ambidexterous two-handed fans going you'll be well off in learning twin fans from XB and the Encyclopedia, so you can go on creating S-fans and fan shuffle closes.

6. "chops" would just be things that would interrupt the flow of the routine for me. Not sure what everyone else is referring chops to. Chops will disappear over time once you practice transitioning moves and squaring. Yes your practice squaring the deck, it's vital in card manipulation in order to transition without pause. Companion DVD Volume 2 discusses technique in squaring the deck.

Hope you can take all of this constructively, keep at it, you should be proud that it's uncut which most people never even attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks Unkown Enemy Zero. I agree with what most of you said. The double charliers wern't as good as they could of been because I have disorder called ADHD. Which means it's hard to focus on multiple things, but I can work on it. I should be able to conquer the double charliers at some point. As for dance moves. I moved back and forth some but most of the time I was not moving to the music.

Sep 1, 2007
please tell me you did not just say that your charliers suck because you have ADHD. dude I'm sorry but that is unacceptable.

Nov 6, 2007
Trashman, I don't appreciate the way you coming your coming off. If you had been paying attention like you usually do, you would of noticed I said this..."but I can work on it. I should be able to conquer the double charliers at some point." Basically all I'm saying is that it makes doing the double charliers harder. I'm not saying I can't do it. I'm just saying it's something I have to work on. And I WILL conquer it. It will simply take me longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
dude if anyone has ADHD it's me. but focusing on two things at once is difficult for everybody, try to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time, if you can't do it does that mean you've got ADD? hells no. If anything ADHD will help you with your manipulation because it will keep you thinking weirdly and creatively rather than just copying boring cuts like most people on this website. I believe you that you'll conquer it but don't blame n00bness on ADHD dude that is just ridiculous :)

Nov 6, 2007
dude if anyone has ADHD it's me. but focusing on two things at once is difficult for everybody, try to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time, if you can't do it does that mean you've got ADD? hells no. If anything ADHD will help you with your manipulation because it will keep you thinking weirdly and creatively rather than just copying boring cuts like most people on this website. I believe you that you'll conquer it but don't blame n00bness on ADHD dude that is just ridiculous :)

ADHD has it's advantages and disadvantages. It gives you more finess and often times more ability to fidget. (like using cards) The down side is it causes you to be horrible at multitasking. When I use the phone I have to get of the computer automaticly or I will not carry on a good conversation. So basicly it takes twice as much focus to do double charlier cuts. I'm not saying I can't do cards like a pro because of ADHD. All I'm saying is makes things harder when do two handed things. In fact. Double 1 handed fans were wicked hard when I first started. I could not focus on both very easily. But now because I practiced it's easy. But it took some time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results