Viral Dress Color Card trick

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Hey all,
Had a great opportunity today, and thought I'd pass it on to you.

Have you heard about this dress that went viral yesterday? What color is this dress?

The internet went nuts yesterday with this picture of a dress as people tried to decide what color it was (what colors do you see?)
dress-7.jpg

(It's undeniably Blue and Black in case you can't open the picture)

When I got to work, the people in my office asked if I saw this picture and what I thought. They started to talk about why that is and I chimed in about how people perceive differently based on what they want to see. I had my cards in hand and culled the six of hearts, six of diamonds, and the nine of diamonds to the top of the deck (nine on top). I did a triple lift to show the 6H’s to the person on my right. I then did a top palm to show the person to my left the 6D’s (they of course did not see each other’s cards). I did a double lift and too the 9D’s off the top and held it out. And asked them to name the cards they saw. They disagreed and I said I saw a nine. I turned it over and their reactions were fantastic! It’s an old trick (I think Eugene Burger published an effect like this with two cards, but I could be wrong), but just got strong reactions because of the context of this dress thing.

Thought I’d pass that on and encourage you to go try something using the talk of the day. Acar had an interesting Love/Sex trick that would go really well with this too.

Reactions: Lyle Borders
Feb 27, 2015
Wow sounds like fun! (I see white and gold, but it's blue and black when I angle my screen up haha)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results