Virtuoso Type Flourishes

Sep 22, 2007
were can i learn the kind of flourishes like flaring or things like adam mentioned in his interview with the cuso.

Thanks
Adam

Input Is Always Greatly Appreciated

Sep 4, 2007
I'm also interested in this. It seems to be the move Jaspas does in his Trilogy Contest video?

I think.

That's all that I've managed to gather. I'm not even sure if its correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2008
Philippines
Virtuoso are good in twirling.. so many variations.. watch how Huron Low do his sandwich effect in his video and you'll know what I'm saying.. If I will be given a chance to talk to them specially Daren, I will ask him to teach me some of his twirls.. :):)

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
Flare also know as style can be added to ANY cut or move, and is very essential if you wanna reach a "high level of skill".

A nice thing that is easy to get stylish are double one handed cuts, both hands at the same time. Just play around with different things and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. HINT: Thumb cuts are god!

Flare also know as style can be added to ANY cut or move, and is very essential if you wanna reach a "high level of skill".

A nice thing that is easy to get stylish are double one handed cuts, both hands at the same time. Just play around with different things and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. HINT: Thumb cuts are god!

I can't thumb cut in either hand...

Sep 1, 2007
Don't want to sound like a wuss, but my hands are too small for a thumb cut. I can't clip a packet with my thumb. Any advice?

Don't want to sound like a wuss, but my hands are too small for a thumb cut. I can't clip a packet with my thumb. Any advice?

I had the same problem when I started. It's not that your hands are too small it's just that your not used to the grip. You should try using jumbo cards to make your hands bigger. Then go back to the cut and it would have become easier to do.

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks. I think I'm going to shove a packet between my thumb and my hand, and leave it their for like an hour.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks. I think I'm going to shove a packet between my thumb and my hand, and leave it their for like an hour.

Cool, cool. But also remember not to overwork yourself, there can be such a thing as too much practice -- overworking the fingers and all. But it takes a lot to get to that point. :)

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results