Visiting The Magic Castle

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
hi folks -

i currently live in bangkok, thailand. will plan on visiting california this july. i would love to visit the magic castle. but i hear you must be a member or know a member to enter. does any one have any suggestions on what i should do in order to visit the castle? any help would be greatly appreciated!

nayos

I know there are several members on this board that might be able to help you. Failing all else, post on craigslist Los Angeles. You should be able to find someone.

I'd help but I've not paid my membership dues for this year. Sorry!

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
thanks william, appreciate the promp reply.

got a couple more question poped in to my head.

1. is there a day out of the week that is best for visits?
2. what is the best way to visit? (dinner show, sunday brunch, or just stop by anytime?)
3. can't really find the prices on their web site for dinner/brunch etc. is it expensive?
4. do they have classes available? most of the stuff i've been learning are self taught via books, and videos. wouldn't mind someone that really know what they're doing to give me some instructions.
5. is it normal for me to feel so excited right now, just thinking about visiting in july?!

thanks in advance for your help!

nayos

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks william, appreciate the promp reply.

got a couple more question poped in to my head.

1. is there a day out of the week that is best for visits?
2. what is the best way to visit? (dinner show, sunday brunch, or just stop by anytime?)
3. can't really find the prices on their web site for dinner/brunch etc. is it expensive?
4. do they have classes available? most of the stuff i've been learning are self taught via books, and videos. wouldn't mind someone that really know what they're doing to give me some directions.
5. is it normal for me to feel so excited right now, just thinking about visiting in july?!

thanks in advance for your help!

nayos

1. Sat or Sun night. there is an extra show down in the Bar.

2. Dinner they are not open anytime unless you are a member. Sunday morning has too many kids and the shows are geared towards them

3. very expensive for dinner. their garlic bread is LA times best in LA

4. lessons are only for magician members.

5. Dude the Magic castle is awesome, they have cool hidden rooms and a piano that plays any song by itself.

hey, I'm a member there. 1st of all, how old are U? if u wanna go to the dinner at night, you will need to be at least 21 years old. b4 the day you wanna go, you also need to make a reservation to make sure they have room for you. last but not least, you need a guess pass to be able to get in.

more info can be find in this website:
www.magiccastle.com

pm me for more info.

CalvinTan

Elite Member
If you are a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, all you'll need to do is bring your membership card and you'll be able to get in for free. You'll also be able to take guests.

I would recommend Friday or Saturday night, however, look on their website and see who is performing.

Dinner is very expensive! Make a reservation so you can plan your evening out. This is how I did it.

Parlor show - Close-up room - Dinner - Stage Show.

You want to get the most out of your time there so I would recommend planning dinner so you have enough time to see all the shows. I even had time, while waiting for the stage show to sit down at a table and do some close-up magic for the guests there.

-Calvin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results