VOTING OPEN! - Color Changes

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
For Vanish45 love the Window, You actually bought that trick?
I kind of getting annoy by theory11 music, people please but your music on your videos.

For My Friend, Great you have my vote, but too long.

First, I didn't vote, for the reason that I didn't particularly love either of your videos, nor was I a fan of the battle itself.

Vanish:
There's not a whole lot to say about you vid, it was short, and to the point, I think a couple of your changes need a little work though. Also, the lighting on the last change wasn't good at all. But, it was a very creative change, not something we see a lot around here.

-one more thing, you lose points for using Theory11 music.

Ian:
You're Cardini was nice, but I think all of your changes need some work. And the lighting was terrible! PLEASE turn on a light next time! I could hardly see what you were doing. Also, your vid was WAYYYY too long man, with things like this, try to keep it at about 2:00. Another thing, your Erdnase, try to kinda make it flow better, it looked like you were having trouble sliding the card out or something. Nice job having the balls to open your fingers up though, almost every erdnase that we see here have their fingers closed, and no movement on any kind of horizontal plains. Good job on that.

-honestley, if I were you, I wouldn't have submitted this video at all. You just weren't completely ready yet.

Decent job both of you. Keep up the practice.

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
demon5magic hit the nail on the head in his assessment. I think both of you need to practice more. I think the problem is the fundamentals. One of the basic sleights, DL, you guys do absolutely awful! You guys really need to work on the fundamentals instead of trying to do a bunch of sleights.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Well - "terrible" and "not ready" were hardly the words I expected.

In regards to length, I didn't expect it to be that long. I wanted to jam-pack some changes because I'm a big fan.

As for the lighting, if I turn up the white balance any more, you can hardly see the faces of the cards.

I'm an intermediate card guy, at least in my view. I don't think I do horrible sleights, so I'm kind of confused. But to each his own.

Thanks for the compliments as well, demon.

Ian

Nov 10, 2007

In regards to length, I didn't expect it to be that long. I wanted to jam-pack some changes because I'm a big fan.

As for the lighting, if I turn up the white balance any more, you can hardly see the faces of the cards.

I'm an intermediate card guy, at least in my view. I don't think I do horrible sleights, so I'm kind of confused. But to each his own.

Thanks for the compliments as well, demon.

Ian

I will critique your video basically what everyone else said:
Need Better lighting
Way too long
You did not need to perform the same color change in a row so many times
The sleights were only OK if that, please work on your card work more, just give card work much more practice and you will be fine.
But for now please do NOT post any more videos until you KNOW that people are not going to say it is bad, because your only hurting the magic community when you flash on moves and don't have them perfected.
Keep working hard and you will get it. Here is a quote for everyone.
" Practice practice practice til you can't no more, only then are you ready to practice much more"
Not sure who said that quote but I LOVE it!!

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Magicman1212, I don't think I flashed on anything. I wish people would stop complaining about my videos.

I have gotten some good critique from them - like Demon, where he suggested betterment in my routine. I was appalled that he thought I shouldn't have submitted a video.

My DL was not awful.

I know the video was too long - I GET IT! OK?

I might never make a video again. People will always find something wrong with it. Perhaps one day when I'm better by everyone else's standards, I don't know.

Please just vote on the video. Thank you.

Ian

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Magicman1212, I don't think I flashed on anything. I wish people would stop complaining about my videos.

I have gotten some good critique from them - like Demon, where he suggested betterment in my routine. I was appalled that he thought I shouldn't have submitted a video.

My DL was not awful.

I know the video was too long - I GET IT! OK?

I might never make a video again. People will always find something wrong with it. Perhaps one day when I'm better by everyone else's standards, I don't know.

Please just vote on the video. Thank you.

Ian

People don't be so harsh on him, just give him do kind feedback. Ian you are on your way just pratice and suck it up. You can pratice and pratice but can never make a trick prefect. Nothing is perfect so chill:cool:

Hey man, please remember that I said the lighting was terrible, not you.

..Couldn't you have just turned on a light?

Magicman1212, I don't think I flashed on anything.

Man..what did RD, Ke'oke and I tell you about Magicman?

I wish people would stop complaining about my videos.

please remember, you posted all your videos here because you wanted critique. We are NOT here to attack you. (well, some people are...But I'm sure you can figure out who those people are yourself.)

man, I think pretty much ALL the videos submitter here shouldn't be up. You just need some work man. :)

My DL was not awful.

Now you saying that is ruining the point of critique. Your DL wasn't awful, but it does need some work.

People are always going to be unsatisfied with anything you EVER do in life. Ever. Just improve. If you stop showing people your magic, you can't get critique on it. Something is telling me that you don't get critiqued a lot. That's why you are fighting it. Just take what we say, think about it, and see if it will actually help your magic.

Nov 10, 2007
Hey man, please remember that I said the lighting was terrible, not you.

..Couldn't you have just turned on a light?

Man..what did RD, Ke'oke and I tell you about Magicman?

please remember, you posted all your videos here because you wanted critique. We are NOT here to attack you. (well, some people are...But I'm sure you can figure out who those people are yourself.)

man, I think pretty much ALL the videos submitter here shouldn't be up. You just need some work man. :)

Now you saying that is ruining the point of critique. Your DL wasn't awful, but it does need some work.

People are always going to be unsatisfied with anything you EVER do in life. Ever. Just improve. If you stop showing people your magic, you can't get critique on it. Something is telling me that you don't get critiqued a lot. That's why you are fighting it. Just take what we say, think about it, and see if it will actually help your magic.

OK buddy just keep saying things about me, seriously what did I ever do to you, not listen to your advice?, say I want to be the best card magician, if any of those are the reason then get a life man, and also you know his technique is not very good but for some odd rreason people are sticking up for him.

Jul 13, 2009
Vanish
Wonderful changes and a good variety. Liked the idea of using window, as a color change. Wait that sounded weird, anyway add a bit of presentation and you are good to go.

Ian

To long of a video but aside from that. You clearly demonstrated you can in fact do a cardini over and over without fail *high five* I can tell you have been practicing. Anyway same thing I said to Vanish, a little presentation and you are good to go in the real world.

One thing people need to realize is magic is not meant to fool magicians. If you are in magic for that reason, run the other direction. There are people who like perfection in card moves and that is okay and an honorable goal. With that said though, as a general observation (my opinion) one may have impeccably flawless card moves but have a terrible presentation. If your presentation is lacking your whole performance lacks as well.

OK buddy just keep saying things about me, seriously what did I ever do to you, not listen to your advice?, say I want to be the best card magician, if any of those are the reason then get a life man, and also you know his technique is not very good but for some odd reason people are sticking up for him.

Just because your card technique isn't perfect doesn't mean we are not going to stick up for them. Especially from a very rocky start by introducing him the real negativity of the forums, if you don't have something nice to say its a general rule to not say it. You see something wrong with the video say whats wrong with it and move on. Don't type a full gosh darn paragraph about the negative. Now onwards.

This is the key point why we make fun of you so much, you have this ability to think to highly of yourself. Taking yourself to seriously seems to be your downfall. He is obviously very new to magic so don't scare him away with your arrogant ways. Are you noting I am being very polite about this? The videos he has produced is no more harming then yours, the only ones who see it are other magicians.

Nov 10, 2007
Vanish
Wonderful changes and a good variety. Liked the idea of using window, as a color change. Wait that sounded weird, anyway add a bit of presentation and you are good to go.

Ian

To long of a video but aside from that. You clearly demonstrated you can in fact do a cardini over and over without fail *high five* I can tell you have been practicing. Anyway same thing I said to Vanish, a little presentation and you are good to go in the real world.

One thing people need to realize is magic is not meant to fool magicians. If you are in magic for that reason, run the other direction. There are people who like perfection in card moves and that is okay and an honorable goal. With that said though, as a general observation (my opinion) one may have impeccably flawless card moves but have a terrible presentation. If your presentation is lacking your whole performance lacks as well.

Just because your card technique isn't perfect doesn't mean we are not going to stick up for them. Especially from a very rocky start by introducing him the real negativity of the forums, if you don't have something nice to say its a general rule to not say it. You see something wrong with the video say whats wrong with it and move on. Don't type a full gosh darn paragraph about the negative. Now onwards.

This is the key point why we make fun of you so much, you have this ability to think to highly of yourself. Taking yourself to seriously seems to be your downfall. He is obviously very new to magic so don't scare him away with your arrogant ways. Are you noting I am being very polite about this? The videos he has produced is no more harming then yours, the only ones who see it are other magicians.

OK 1 question, can we seriously forget the past and think of me like you never even knew me? Can you please ask that too Tally-ho, RDChopper and all those guys. Because it really is starting too make me feel like no one likes' me on here and I should just get off. Just because this is not in person making fun of someone does not mean you are not doing the same damage to someone as if it was in person.
- Thank you

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's never easy to take criticism, I understand that. But to bring that about, you also need to change mate. It's an issue that's been around for a while. And long before RDC and all those guys called you out on it, months before it all started, I remember criticising you for it as well. This is not an attack, but rather an observation, so I hope you will understand what I'm getting at. People didn't just wake up one day and started disliking you; it's a feeling based on a process.

OK buddy just keep saying things about me, seriously what did I ever do to you, not listen to your advice?, say I want to be the best card magician, if any of those are the reason then get a life man, and also you know his technique is not very good but for some odd rreason people are sticking up for him.

We don't like you because you..

A. Don't listen to criticism when you ask for it.

B. SUCK at giving criticism.

C. Think you know more than anyone else here.

D. Are possibly the most immature person on these forums.

E. Are one of the most disrespectful people on these forums.

No one is sticking up for him, we are actually critiquing him. Unlike you, who are just beating him down because it makes you feel smarter. Yeah, I need to get a life.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results