Voting Open: Created Sandwich Effect

Jan 28, 2009
King James your steal from the top is just way too fishy and obvious, which is a real shame, because you're deck handling was good throughout. But the reality is you clearly take the selections from the top of the deck one at a time initially for the first 2 'sandwiches', and it isn't going to fool anyone as is. Awesome shape changer though, lol, and the touch with the aces was awesome...but for me the obviousness of the sandwiching of the 2 cards initially killed the trick.

Yeah and Kasirz got my vote. Perhaps unfairly because I couldn't really understand what the heck was going on, lol, and the patter about bees confused the hell out of me, but I liked the handling more, and it wasn't obvious how the trick was done to me at least.

I would like to preface this all with both of you were far better than I am at the moment, and so you both get a huge amount of respect for being dope, lol. In the end, if a layperson (which I basically am) can obviously spot a move, it's not a good move. That was true of King's routine, but not Kasirz.

i enjoyed kazirs routine, because kings routine looked like he didn't know what the hell he was doing. it looked like you just made it up on the spot... i had to stop watching halfway through because it was very boring and i didn't think that the moves were practiced enough at all. they were very sloppy and very obvious... please work on it.

as for kazir. it was a little hard to understnd, but once i figured out wat was going on, it was brilliant, i really liked the behind the back catch. very good. you definitely got my vote. congrats

Jan 28, 2009
I voted for it because I didn't need to understand it. The 'magic' was obvious. He's obviously not English, so I can't comment on the culturally diverse metaphors that may be employed by magicians from cultures that I'm not a part of, but I can say that just by watching the cards you see some really slick work and an effect.

I would completely change how you obtain the first 2 sandwiches to make the routine better. Or do that method -once- and it might pass, or misdirect when you're doing it. At the moment you'd be as well just taking the top card off and putting it between the 2 sandwiching cards, which is a huge shame, because but for that initial steal you -would- have got my vote.

Jan 28, 2009
Yeah I still don't understand what the heck is going on, but the trick is awesome. lol.

It's one of those that doesn't need patter. You flick a card into the air, catch it behind your back and its sandwiched between the 2 cards picked by the spectator. Enough said. That's dope, lol. Bees, horses, goats, whatever.....great trick. That's why you got the vote.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
Sorry you guys thought that it was boring and everything, and now that I look back at that video I agree. I can perform that much better, because I've been practicing it for a while. I'm going to try to work on a patter that is more entertaining I think.

Oct 11, 2008
From my understanding kasirz is calling the bee playing cards "bees" and talking about how he's a bee catcher, and that's the patter that goes along with catching the flicked card.

It's a little hard for me to follow, but the effect is insane, looks great, and fooled me 100%.

As for KingJames, it could use a bit more practice. The moves aren't as slick as what they could be, and the patter just isn't there. It seems like you're talking just to hear the sound of your voice, and for such a long trick that just isn't a good thing.

My vote went to kasirz.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results