Voting open for False Cut Battle

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Hey theguardian123456 and diabalique,

Okay, this may sound a bit harsh, but I'm going to be completely honest. Both of the moves were lacking creativity, smoothness, and style. I didn't vote.
But- I'm not going to leave you with the "criticism" half of "constructive criticism".
I'd say, start battling after you get things down smoothly. Spend the time working on creativity. I know and understand that these things come with time, so, at least for me, I don't battle. I'm not saying you shouldn't. It keeps you updated, and helps work on stuff of yours. But if you're aiming to win, you're going to have to kick it up a notch, and take the time to perfect your moves.

Just my two cents.

Take care,
Eugene

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I agree with Eugene, adjones and tsarothpaco - both of the moves were, well, lacking in smoothness was the biggest fault for me. I did not vote either. I know guardian's was from Motion (my general knowledge of cardistry is terrible, I will say), and if you're only at the stage where you can perform other people's flourishes, like I am, well ok that's fair enough - but the smoothness...

Guardian, yours needs more confidence and surety - most moves looked particularly jerky as though you had to recall what to do - as Eugene said, get things down smoothly, and eventually move on to creativity as well, and they do come in time.

diablique, yours seemed not so much a confidence issue, but it was technically messy - whereas Guardian seemed unsure of his moves, yours seemed like you could do them and knew them, just not well, for example squaring the pack against yourself in the right hand early on. As a cut it was a more interesting composition though, but again needs refining.

Mar 14, 2008
Yeah...They were both pretty darn bad. Keep at it guys!
That's true, but not everyone can flurish like you FatalAce :rolleyes:. Anyways, like many other people have stated, just continue to work on making your flourishes smoother.

Jun 25, 2008
thanks for all your responses.....thing is i filmed it in a very a odd body position.I was leaning over the camera stand.In reality I can do that move very well.Now I think back and say "Why the H*ll didnt i just stand in front of the camera".:D

Oct 28, 2007
yeah i didn't vote either, yet lately i haven't seen very many eye popping battles most that i have seen have been done hafl a** (no offense) but seriously standing there in front of the camera doing a move you learned two days ago with no music and no editing what so ever is not a good watch.

at least put a little effort into it

Nov 17, 2007
That's true, but not everyone can flurish like you FatalAce :rolleyes:. Anyways, like many other people have stated, just continue to work on making your flourishes smoother.
Haha. Thanks man. Sorry if my post seemed kind of negative. I didn't mean any offence. I understand flourishing in an odd position or outside on a hot day is harder than most people think. Haha. I ended up voting for theguardian123456 just becuase I think he did it a bit smoother. =)

thanks for all your responses.....thing is i filmed it in a very a odd body position.I was leaning over the camera stand.In reality I can do that move very well.Now I think back and say "Why the H*ll didnt i just stand in front of the camera".:D

um i really doubt the camera had THAT much to do with it. I mean I'm sure it didn't help very much, but if you had it totally down, it would still be pretty clean... and also its your fault for not making the adjustment haha:D just work on it, it just needs to be smoother but they were nice moves

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results