Voting open for Impromptu Effect

May 31, 2008
Great job man! That's from Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment right?

Here's an evaluation of my performance

Title of Performance: Beep

Effects performed: Stigmata, card version

Audience: Most of them were"sk8ters" they hold the record for the most amount of bleeps I had to use in one video. They were about 9-to-14-years-old. (making the oldest a year younger than me) I got really thrown off because of the guy who entered at about 0:35. He's the in the same grade as me, and goes to the same high school. He's really immature, the only way he knows how to communicate is through racist, sexist, and other vulgar remarks. That's why there were such long bleeps during the performance, (I had to bleep out entire sentences of his!)

The Performance: I felt I was doing really well up until Mr. Maturity showed up. I was loose, happy to be there, and I had the spectators on my side. The only thing I did that I didn't like before Mr. Maturity showed up was asking them if they played for money. I don't know what I was thinking, they're kids, it was just part of my script, so I got used to saying it in other performances. When Mr. Maturity showed up, I tried very hard to ignore him, so I inadvertently ignored the other spectators a little bit. I was really trying to dramatize the ending, but Mr. Maturity continually interrupted with his various profanity-filled remarks, they sort of killed the big moment. I may be making it sound worse than it actually is though. I wasn't really frustrated with Mr. Maturity so much as I was just thrown off. I would've liked to have continued a little more with the black magic patter, but I felt saying the word "black" around Mr. Maturity wasn't the best idea. The stupidest thing I did was not having the spectators show the card to the camera...

Overall, I think the performance went well, despite being distracted Mr. Maturity, I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Camera - Garrett H.

Music -

Pearl Jam
"In My Tree"
No Code
Sony BMG/Epic

As always, I am more than welcoming of constructive criticism.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results