Voting open for the Queens

Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
i had a real tough time voting here. its clear that dj has the moves down way smoother but eclipse has a way more original routine. so when it came down to voting i went for eclipse because anyone can copy a routine no offense dj. i do suggest that eclipse get as good as dj with the handling. if you meshed the two videos together it would have been perfect.

Jul 30, 2008
Well, Eclipse, you practically gave away the reproduction. DJ's first vanish and break was less obvious then yours. Actually, both flashed in the reproduction. lol.

Nov 10, 2007
Eclipse:
- I loved your patter and in a lot of battles I do not see patter
- It also nice that you came up with the patter
- You flashed on the first vanish
- Flashed on the production
- I also loved the ending
DJ:
- You flashed on the production
- Your moves were down perfectly
- There was not realy patter just telling what was going on.

In this battle I could compare myself to DJ more than eclipse because I am not good with patter but my technique is down. Even though your sleights were not perfect Eclipse I really liked the patter.
Eclipse got my vote.

Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys, Just to respond to the couple comments about the patter I wanted to post this.
I've already posted it at DnD, so if you've read it there, nothing was changed.

As for the patter, like i said, I have been working on my own patter for a while now, but the more i think about it, the more i like this way. I know that a few people on the T11 said that they liked the other guys patter much better. With no disrespect to him, I find it a bit cheesy. I disagree with the idea that all magic tricks need elaborate patter for their tricks to be good. I think that the patter needs to compliment the trick, not cast a shadow over it. That's sort of how i felt about eclipse14000's patter. Since he went so fast, it was difficult to follow the trick.

I know a lot of professional (by that i mean "working" not famous) magicians that dont try to come up with long stories to work with their trick, they simply describe what they are doing, and let the audience watch. I think a lot of the idea of "everything must have great patter" comes mostly from the online community, where people constantly post videos with just music behind them (usually Linkin Park for some reason, whats up with that??). This I strongly disagree with, because like I said you should have patter that compliments the trick. If you have a voice, then you have a great opportunity to reel your audience even further in to the effect. Why not use it? So because of all of these videos, people are constantly reading from others "you need patter" "include patter with your videos" etc, I think that sometimes sends the wrong message and people overcompensate and think that all videos need to have a long story that talks about what the cards are doing.

These are just my thoughts on patter and how it should be used, I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me, but that's okay. Everyone has their own idea of what magic should be and what it shouldn't. This is just mine.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I think that the patter needs to compliment the trick, not cast a shadow over it.

I think that sometimes sends the wrong message and people overcompensate and think that all videos need to have a long story that talks about what the cards are doing.

I actually agree with that. You live and you learn.

Dec 10, 2007
Eclipse and Donkey boy both sucked at the reproduction though.

Ill admit that my production wasnt that great. The card slipped out of my fingers a little bit. But i really didnt feel the need to redo the whole thing. I didnt have much time seft to post. Im not trying to make excuses for the production, i admit that it was bad, Im just saying that it isnt necessarily representative of most of my productions. Oh well...

And please dont call me "donkey boy".

Ill admit that my production wasn't that great. The card slipped out of my fingers a little bit. But i really didn't feel the need to redo the whole thing. I didn't have much time seft to post. Im not trying to make excuses for the production, i admit that it was bad, Im just saying that it isnt necessarily representative of most of my productions. Oh well...

And please dont call me "donkey boy".

Sorry.

Well if you wanna win a contest it's the little things that make or break you sometimes. Fortunately for you, patter aside, Eclipse's wasn't very good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results