Wand street Journal 10/16/17

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello, and welcome to the newest issue of the Wand Street Journal. Your weekly (mostly) unbiased magic newspaper. posted every Sunday Morning, with varying degrees of success. I had written up this one earlier, but it was deleted before I sent it out.... So that is why it is so late. Anyways lets move on to our top stories this week.

Asad announces 52Kards academy
maxresdefault.jpg
As we as a society advance in technology, the teaching of modern magic will as well. We've gone from word of mouth to lectures. Lectures to books. Books to DVDs. DVDs to Instant Downloads. Instant downloads to HD streaming. However, a new form of learning magic may become more prevalent.
They will never be replaced, however something else will build upon them and become a normal method for learning. You may recall in 2015 Asad "52kards" Chaudhry released a kick-starter project for "the foundations of card magic". This was an innovative and interactive course to teach the basics of card magic. It was widely successful. After many request for a more advanced course, the 52Kards gang has agreed and have created 52Kards Academy. It included teaching magic from Felix Boden and many other acclaimed magicians. 52Kards accedemy will be availbe soon so look forward to that.

Product of the week: Magic From My Heart by Juan Tamariz
This week was jam packed with Nice products, from this to McStraw, to the Tarbell Super Sampler. However, ultimately this project was just too amazing to ignore.

Cool find of the week:Ed Marlo Action palm & Off the top Books
This find is a colection of 2 classics by legend Ed Marlo, for an amazing price!

Performance of the week: Neil Patrick's performance during his carpool Karaoke starts at about 1:33 .

I almost picked
Dan white's GMF performance. I do believe That Dan's reactions were much greater than Neil's. However I found Neil's performance was much more organic. He used the objects in the space around him. I do feel that Dan's performance lacked this. He did not mention 1 thing about The NFL or football at all during his performance. It made him seem as if he was just there as just another useless guest, and that is odd for Good Morning Football. Imagine if sword swallower was on an all Christian network. He would seem out of place unless he connected his talent to the religion. Which I believe Neil did, by using the window of the car, but Dan did not. Dan had an amazing performance, but I believe Neil's felt more natural.

If you disagree please tell me below. I love feed back especially negative!!!!

Weekly print out:
upload_2017-10-17_18-58-22.png

I'm probably just going to end up renaming this segment Weekly force reveal...

Any way, Seeing how its October how about another spooky printout? What better than this fall's blockbuster? This was made by taking the date from another poster, logo from online, and just a photo of Pennywise. I fell this is a some what obvious one, but just in case You'll see above and below the eye the J♥. I'll admit some parts look really rough, so id suggest smoothing it up before printing it out.
You might print this on a giant poster, but I'd suggest just a normal piece of paper.
You can claim to have just found this flier on your car windshield, or stapled to a post. Or can staple it to a post, or place it on someone's windshield. The rest of the patter is up to you to create. I feel when I create patter for these printouts, it limits your imagination. Good luck with that!

Weekly Idea: (I'll hopefully upload this segment tomorrow.)

Final thoughts: MAN! This was LATE!!!! Especially because the rest will be uploaded
tomorrow. My apologizes. Please give all feedback below, especially negative. It is always appreciated.
Here are the previous Wand street Journals:
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5

Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
week 1

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Performance of the week update: I also forgot to mention that I understand that if Dan talked about the nfl it may seem unnatural, and forced. I understand forcing things in your patter can be a bad thing, however I feel without it came across weaker than it could have been.

As well as during Harris's performance, he seemed to shake and be tense. It's just a lesson that even professionals will have the "shakes".

Before people complain, this i s a segment in a newspaper no one reads so don't take it too seriously please. We all have opinions and mine may be wrong in your eyes.

Weekly idea:Oh yes, my favorite segment. This idea uses Instagram as a virtual Business card.
Simply post something to instagram. Screen shot it like this:
~
then delete it. Then post an altered version of the image to make it seem as if you have changed the image. Then Screenshot that. like this:
~
Now go to your photo library, and show the first one. Then switch to the next photo to make it seem as it has changed. When they check out your Instagram account they will find nothing fishy.

Usage #1:

Setup:
Take a photo of the back of a card, then the photo of the face.(In this case the J♠). Upload the back and screen shot that image of it on your Instagram
~
Upload the face and screen shot it, but don't delete it.
~

Performance and (somewhat) patter: Force the J♠. Say you have a prediction on Instagram then show its an exact MATCH!!!! Sadly it only matches the back side of the card (lay the phone on the screen. While you do that swipe the screen to change the photo to the face of the card, or change to your Instagram with the photo pulled up already). lay their card beside the phone and turn over the card. Since the card turns in real life (turn over the phone) it changes on Instagram as well, and let them go to your account, and they can follow you, its like a giving out a business card.
Usage #2:
Setup: Post an image of your hand holding a sharpie
~

Screen shot it and post an image of your hand with no sharpie, and screen cap it. (don't delete the second image from instagram!)
~
then when you are ready to perform take a sharpie and Flip-Stick it to put it palming position.

Performance: Show the image and point out the new Instagram update, and how you can pull certain aspects of images out. Take your phone and "dump" out the sharpie (Take your phone, and turn it over, while you are doing that switch images) And produce the sharpie, by reversing the Flip-Stick action. Turn your hand to show it has vanished from your phone. Hand out the sharpie and switch to your real Instagram account for investigation, once again you have basically given out a business card.

Usage #3: It is a combination of the before mentioned usages. Fold a forced card in fourths. Upload your images
~
~

Force a card and back palm a folded duplicate. Then "dump it out" into your hand, by Un-backpalming the card, and switching photos.

There it is and please tell me what you think/if my explanation was any good, I've tried working on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results