WARNING - A New Magic Trick from KostyaMagic

Jun 22, 2009
Wait..... what was the effect... I don't get it.

lol.

You take a lighter and you peel off the warning label. Then you light the label and throw it at the lighter and like "magic" its back on the lighter.

Did you watch the video??

Sep 22, 2007
i have seen this done live by him it rocks man i ave performed it also it is phenomenal.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
This is an excellent effect. So well thought out, produced by dananddave so the video quality is awesome, and the effect itself is so practical. I have personally seen Kostya perform this live and in person, and let me say, IT LOOKS AMAZING! He also gave me a few gimmicks and the trick is very easy to perform. The gimmicks are so well made, and work with any lighter.

If you have a few bucks to spare, pick this up. You won't regret it.

Jun 22, 2009
It seems pretty obvious to me, there is a major flash at 0:50 (not the flash paper) is good, but it´s not worth it

lol nice pun. I think that it can be worth it. Especially at a bar where people are smoking. You do it once and no one will suspect a thing. The only reason you see the flash is because he does the move 4-5 times in the demo. To a person seeing it for the first time it will floor them.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
lol nice pun. I think that it can be worth it. Especially at a bar where people are smoking. You do it once and no one will suspect a thing. The only reason you see the flash is because he does the move 4-5 times in the demo. To a person seeing it for the first time it will floor them.

that´s why I said that if you caught somebody off-guard it will work, the move is done 4-5 times but the other ones are un-noticeable, but the first time I saw it a at 0:50 is just look to obvious for everyone...
there is one advantage I give you that, and is that aparently you end clean, which doesn´t happen with other similar tricks (like Redline)

Jun 22, 2009
there is one advantage I give you that, and is that aparently you end clean, which doesn´t happen with other similar tricks (like Redline)

Very true. I think its a good pocket trick you can have on you all the time which is great.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I just saw the price
$23.50, and you get 50 performance labels and download of video, yes you don´t get a DVD or more tricks....

Is expensive for a single trick when you can buy a dvd with more tricks with a few bucks more.

I think I will pass on this one, I´m sorry but the advantages lose against the disavantages

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
It seems pretty obvious to me and I didn´t even to watch the video twice, there is a major flash at 0:50 (not the flash paper) the trick is good if you caught somebody off-guard, but it´s not worth it
I think you're looking at it the wrong way, or with the wrong eyes sort of speak. You have trained magician eyes, you start looking for the explanation before the trick has even begun, and nevertheless, you know what a magician is capable of to create an effect, in a manner of hiding, duplicating etc. When I first saw this I got a good hunch on how it might be done as well, but I am quite pretty sure that any layman, caught off guard or not, would fall for it.

I just saw the price
$23.50, and you get 50 performance labels and download of video, yes you don´t get a DVD or more tricks....

Is expensive for a single trick when you can buy a dvd with more tricks with a few bucks more.

I think I will pass on this one, I´m sorry but the advantages lose against the disavantages

$23.50 is chump change.

This effect will easily pay for itself in a professional strolling and/or restaurant venue. I particularly like how this effect looks and feels very organic and impromptu. These days, I think a lot of people rely too much on card material, so it's good to see something different. It's a breath of fresh air. The flash labels make the trick worth it, in my opinion. Kostya is an awesome thinker and he has a lot of real-world experience backing up his releases. I've never been disappointed in what he offers.

To be honest, I don't see much of a disadvantage at all. The effect packs small, plays big, and is quick enough to get people talking. It's not meant to be a stand-alone showstopper, but it's versatile enough to accent any other effect that would naturally use a lighter. For professionals, I think that makes it a great add-on that people will appreciate. As an opener, this effect is perfect. It gets people's attention, peaks their interest, and naturally leads into other effects like Carbon Paper by Jay Sankey or any of the numerous blister effects currently on the market.

There's a lot of bang for your buck in this release. I'm kind of surprised you don't see it.

RS.

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
umm

Some said they have this and the gimmicks? haha give me flash paper and a normal light I'll do this in 2 secs. The way magic is going theses days is just making me sad.

Paddle effect + flash paper except done with lighter arrrrrgggggg.

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
I don't think this is an effect devised to fool magicians. Sure, you could do this with the lighter and flash paper you already have.

However, would you have thought of this if you hadn't seen Kostya's routine? Also, his labels and flash paper labels have been specially designed and printed to match each other, so that people see you peel off the label, and the restore the label onto it.

He also has extra convincers, like the missing corner, that add an extra bit of "wow" factor to the effect.

Jun 22, 2009
Some said they have this and the gimmicks? haha give me flash paper and a normal light I'll do this in 2 secs. The way magic is going theses days is just making me sad.

Paddle effect + flash paper except done with lighter arrrrrgggggg.

Make it. I would like to see a video of you doing the effect with your homemade method. remember he peels the Warning label off... so show us up! :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results