Warning by Daniel Garcia

Dec 30, 2008
My buddy showed me how to do this the other night, and he isnt even a magician. First off i must say, awesome trick. i wonder how anyone discovered this to begin with!

second, i just want to ask, trying my best to keep it a secret.
I thought sulfur in general is a toxic chemical? i took ap enviro and the sulfur released from coal burning corrodes the ozone layer. Please post if you perform this and if you have spoken to a physician about this. Something just inst kosher about it.

Sep 1, 2007
My buddy showed me how to do this the other night, and he isnt even a magician. First off i must say, awesome trick. i wonder how anyone discovered this to begin with!

second, i just want to ask, trying my best to keep it a secret.
I thought sulfur in general is a toxic chemical? i took ap enviro and the sulfur released from coal burning corrodes the ozone layer. Please post if you perform this and if you have spoken to a physician about this. Something just inst kosher about it.

I didn't even know it was sulfur to be honest, I remember reading about this elsewhere (in lecture notes?) before danny came out and sold it on E for 10 minutes. He said he had talked to a doctor and asked them about it, and he got the Go Ahead on it.

By the way Warning used to be a classic bar trick and I think that's where Danny learned it, which really confused me on why it was sold as a product, especially for $30. Buuut that's neither here nor there.

~Beans

Dec 30, 2008
Im pretty sure its sulfur, why else would it feel like a firecracker lit in your nose!
haha

any other safety experience?

Sep 1, 2007
Im pretty sure its sulfur, why else would it feel like a firecracker lit in your nose!
haha

any other safety experience?

Well Danny is a little messed in the head, I don't know if it's directly related to Warning.

On a serious note, I've done it several times, it affects my asthma a little bit but other than that I'm fine with it, the stinging doesn't hurt so bad after the first few (hundred) times.

Steve..that's awesome hahaha, I wish I had picked one up now.

~Beans

Nov 23, 2008
By the way Warning used to be a classic bar trick and I think that's where Danny learned it, which really confused me on why it was sold as a product, especially for $30. Buuut that's neither here nor there

I think it's because it was Ellusionist.

Oct 22, 2008
jeeezz it's a good trick man but although its cool to do it is pretty dangerous! If you do it to many times in a day it can affect ur lungs alot! It's almost as bad as smoking if not worse depending on how much you do it. So just limit the amount of practice you do with this. That is why they had to take this effect off the market because it wasn't good for younger people and older people alike sometimes.

-Jake

Sep 1, 2007
ok so essentially as long as it looks cool you can give yourself emphysema?

Something has gotta kill ya ;)

But seriously I don't do this much anymore, it's a cool effect but if you didn't pay for it, you're not losing anything by not doing it.

~Beans

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
2 points:
1) It's not sulfur, it's sulfur dioxide, the gas used to kill people in WW2

Your right on one part, what harms you besides the sulfur dioxide is the red phosphorus mixture. This can damage lungs, Most inorganic phosphates are relatively nontoxic and essential nutrients, but the mixture of the two compounds can really hurt you.

D

Deleted member 2755

Only in America is smoking seen as the worst things for you.:rolleyes: Seriously, I see nothing wrong with this. I don't smoke as I don't really want to get addicted, but seriously.... The fact people can be worried about getting cancer from an effect like Warning is beyond me. I guess if you have asthma, then yes.... this can be a problem for you. However, if you don't, its not going to do anything bad. We have bigger things to worry about as far as health goes like obesity which is worse for you.

Your not going to die from breathing in the smoke from matches every once in a while.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Only in America is smoking seen as the worst things for you.:rolleyes: Seriously, I see nothing wrong with this. I don't smoke as I don't really want to get addicted, but seriously.... The fact people can be worried about getting cancer from an effect like Warning is beyond me. I guess if you have asthma, then yes.... this can be a problem for you. However, if you don't, its not going to do anything bad. We have bigger things to worry about as far as health goes like obesity which is worse for you.

Your not going to die from breathing in the smoke from matches every once in a while.

-Doug

I'm probably one of the biggest critics of our obesity problem, and you're right, but the question asked here pertains to the long term effects of using this "trick" and it's not "giving you cancer" or anything, this potentially could kill you or poison you in the short/long run as it sounds.

But seriously, I really don't like fat people. [/sarcasm]

~Beans

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm probably one of the biggest critics of our obesity problem, and you're right, but the question asked here pertains to the long term effects of using this "trick" and it's not "giving you cancer" or anything, this potentially could kill you or poison you in the short/long run as it sounds.

But seriously, I really don't like fat people. [/sarcasm]

~Beans

Ah, my apologies. I guess I was seeing this thread the wrong way.

Well anyway, people have been doing Warning for years with no problem. I have yet to hear a horror story about it. So I think its fine. I've done it a few times.

-Doug

quick story

when i met my special lady - one of the first things she taught me was "warning." of course it wasn't "warning," it was a bar trick she had learned that I didn't know. We worked our way through an entire book of matches one night and woke up the next day feeling like we'd smoked an entire pack of menthols after having our tonsils removed.

and it seems like any time I do this, I can't do it just once. I'm so fascinated by it that I can't stop. I just want to do it over and over and over - just for myself. And THAT, my friends, is why I will never try heroin.

Reguarding Warning:

Since DG was given a GO ahead by a doctor I am sure its okie to perform it.
I do perform it once in awhile.

Yes this trick can get dangerous. BUT if u owned the dvd and watched how DG explain it, i think its quite harmless. The chemicals (dangerous or harmless) in a matchstick may deal considerable amount of damage to the body but by performing Warning correctly u are actually pretty safe. (Breathe the correct things at the correct time) - if u know what i mean and u are quite safe.

But anyway perform at your own risk

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results