Warning - Daniel Garcia //

May 31, 2008
The reason they discontinued it though was for the sole reason that they were getting a lot of emails from parents still being concerned with their children using the method even though many physicians agreed that there were no harmful side effects that they could see coming from this.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
It might be mildly poisonous, but the smoke doesn't really go inside your lungs or anything, it'll probably kill a few cells or so in your head, but going into a smoking facility or a polluted area is probably much, much worse.

EDIT: Actually, my bad, it probably does go into your lungs, but you're really only inhaling the contents of the match and nothing else, lots of phosphorous maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
You breath in sulfur and in your lungs it turns into sulfur dioxide, which is mildly acidic and causes other respiratory problems. Although the amount in a match isn't enough to harm you, but doing this like over 100 times a night will definitely have an effect. Like how rubber cement is carcinogenic (causes cancer).

But then again, if you are a magician you take risks.

May 4, 2009
I have seen people doing Warning on youtube. There is one guy that does it extremely good. It's insane. You can hear his friends freaking out in the video. Then their are a bunch that are absolutely horrible and the posters should be ashamed of themselves for posting such crap online. lol.

The funny thing is, a friend called me today right after I watched Wayne Houchin's Art of Magic. We will be at a conference together in two weeks. He smokes and there are usually a few guys who are always standing around smoking.

I tell him that when people are standing around smoking outside I'm going to wow everyone with a magic trick that starts with putting a match out on my tongue. He goes into a rant about the sulfur being poisonous. So I told him that there was trick where you purposely breath in the smoke from a match and that trick would introduce way more sulfur into your body. lol

Feb 15, 2008
For goodness sake it's not DG's effect. He simply 'revived' it. It's an old bar trick that's been taught in many books, like Martin Gardner's Table Magic. I mean DG is awesome, but some of his effects are not too original

Nov 18, 2007
The method can be hazardous to your health if you are unaware of what is going into your body. I rarely do it because I don't want it to affect my health in anyway, but it is very powerful effect.

I tell him that when people are standing around smoking outside I'm going to wow everyone with a magic trick that starts with putting a match out on my tongue. He goes into a rant about the sulfur being poisonous. So I told him that there was trick where you purposely breath in the smoke from a match and that trick would introduce way more sulfur into your body. lol

Hahahahhhahah, thats what first come in to my mind, it cant be worst then actualy smoke...

The reason they discontinued it though was for the sole reason that they were getting a lot of emails from parents still being concerned with their children using the method even though many physicians agreed that there were no harmful side effects that they could see coming from this.

Yeah it makes a hell lot of sense, tanks guys my paranoia is over, but i will still see a doctor to see if if i dont secretly have asma...

May 4, 2009
You breath in sulfur and in your lungs it turns into sulfur dioxide, which is mildly acidic and causes other respiratory problems. Although the amount in a match isn't enough to harm you, but doing this like over 100 times a night will definitely have an effect. Like how rubber cement is carcinogenic (causes cancer).

But then again, if you are a magician you take risks.

I was actually shocked recently when practicing trick with rubber cement and actually read all the warnings on the side of the jar. Holy crap!

But you have to ask yourself how often are you going to be putting the stuff on your body. If it was an everyday thing I'd be concerned. Once in a while to do a trick? Your body probably isn't going to build up much contamination if your doing it every once in a while.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Really?? I didnt think this was considered exposure considering the effect was taken off of the market. And also because its not original to Danny. A mod can delete the post if necessary.

Since when is what qualifies something as exposure subjective? If you're revealing the secret to an effect, it's exposure... period.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results