Watch Stealing

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I've heard about watch stealing for quite some time now but i thought it was way too impractical. But i recently bought a Coin Under Watch effect and i tried it out, and it actually worked. So now i feel i can get away with watch stealing. Plus, it can add a good kicker to any routine.

So does anyone know a good book or DVD on watch stealing? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I've heard about watch stealing for quite some time now but i thought it was way too impractical. But i recently bought a Coin Under Watch effect and i tried it out, and it actually worked. So now i feel i can get away with watch stealing. Plus, it can add a good kicker to any routine.

So does anyone know a good book or DVD on watch stealing? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mastering the Art of Pickpocketing by Byrd and Coats is a great resource and has a good section on watch stealing. Its a dvd and goes over a lot of different things in the artform. I love watch stealing and it always makes people laugh. you could try that

F

fizzypopo8005

Don't bother, you could break their watch and have to replace it.

Dec 30, 2008
On the spot by Greg Wilson has a good section about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I guess he'll have fun breaking watches.

yeah, why use flash paper you could burn them. why have them sign a card, they could cut themselves on the sharpie. if you know what your doing, your not going to break many watches. its about practice. magic is about taking risks and getting away with stuff that amazing your audience. come on, grow a pair

F

fizzypopo8005

yeah, why use flash paper you could burn them. why have them sign a card, they could cut themselves on the sharpie. if you know what your doing, your not going to break many watches. its about practice. magic is about taking risks and getting away with stuff that amazing your audience. come on, grow a pair

Hahaha pathetic...I guess not a lot of thinking went into that response, fool. You obviously missed the point. Bad examples man, I am not talking about a thousand ways to die here, i'm talking about breaking their watch...If you know what you're doing, regardless of what you do, you can still break the watch easily...you can not practice the prevention of breaking a watch, it just happens. Magic is about taking risks hahaha wtf man, seriously....on another note, by doing watch steals people will not look at you as a magician, they'll think of you as a "thief" or whatever.It's not magic, they know you did it, they just do not know when...

Jun 22, 2009
Hahaha pathetic...I guess not a lot of thinking went into that response, fool. You obviously missed the point. Bad examples man, I am not talking about a thousand ways to die here, i'm talking about breaking their watch...If you know what you're doing, regardless of what you do, you can still break the watch easily...you can not practice the prevention of breaking a watch, it just happens. Magic is about taking risks hahaha wtf man, seriously....on another note, by doing watch steals people will not look at you as a magician, they'll think of you as a "thief" or whatever.It's not magic, they know you did it, they just do not know when...

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Magic is a risk regardless of breaking a watch or looking like a joke messing up on a double lift. And people will not change their view of you if you take their watch off and give it back. If anything its a lesson in disguise for the spectator on how real deception works.

Dec 30, 2008

If you can break the watch just by taking it off, it's a cheap ass watch in the first place so unless your homless you shouldn't mind paying the $1.67 to get them a new one.

F

fizzypopo8005

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Magic is a risk regardless of breaking a watch or looking like a joke messing up on a double lift. And people will not change their view of you if you take their watch off and give it back. If anything its a lesson in disguise for the spectator on how real deception works.

I'm just saying, if you want to do pick-pocketing or whatever, it's not a magic trick, you stole their watch, then you give it back.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I'm just saying, if you want to do pick-pocketing or whatever, it's not a magic trick, you stole their watch, then you give it back.

it still is very high impact and produces great reactions. people still get wowed by you. it's just that the principles of misdirection and sleight of hand are so paralled in magic and in thievery, that magicians like to learn that stuff.

F

fizzypopo8005

If you can break the watch just by taking it off, it's a cheap ass watch in the first place so unless your homless you shouldn't mind paying the $1.67 to get them a new one.

I am not homeless you fool...if you think expensive watches cannot break easily, you are sadly mistaken you arrogant little punk.

Jun 22, 2009
I am not homeless you fool...if you think expensive watches cannot break easily, you are sadly mistaken you arrogant little punk.

Dude calm down. Your heated over a general debate. You say its not good, we say its fine. No need for name calling....

Dec 30, 2008

I didn't say you were homeless. If watches are expensive, thats usually because they are very durable.

P.S. Fool is a little harsh man....

F

fizzypopo8005

I didn't say you were homeless. If watches are expensive, thats usually because they are very durable.

P.S. Fool is a little harsh man....

Yes I know you did not directly say I was homeless, and I said that I was not. My whole point is why take the chance of possibly breaking somebodies watch when there are so many other tricks to do that do not risk breaking somebodies object.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results