Oct 4, 2017
Came across the tutorial by Joe Feldpausch the other day and have watched it several times. Got everything down until you allow the cards to cascade and I am not sure what I am doing wrong at that point. Is there slight pressure applied or a missed finger placement etc.. Im not a fan of the tutorial because I learn better with audio instruction. Anyone who has learned this are you able to give any insight. It is a beautiful flourish.

Sep 9, 2017
Hey I was already learning it before the tutorial by deconstructing the instagram video so I got some experience with it and with all the mistakes. :D
So the video didn't really change much for me though I think the tutorial shows everything but it just takes a LOT of tries to figure the rest out and those are things that would have been hard to explain anyways. + I think that putting in that extra effort yourself because he didn't provide audio information will only help you learn to perform it better.

The last 2 days I've picked up my efforts on it again and I'm almost there now myself.
The only thing I mess up now is the catch haha which seems to be the hardest part for me, I can catch them but it just doesn't look as clean yet, but even his catch is not that clean imo.

I'm close to being able to record it, and maybe you can do the same.. I'm sure I can spot the problem now as I've finally figured it all out.
It's hard to say from your post what you don't understand or what you are doing. So I will need to see you perform it to help you out. And I don't care if it's sloppy af :D Or that the cards just completely drop out of your hands. Preferably you let someone else takes pictures or record it from a few angles and I'm sure I can help you overcome the problems with the move. That is if there are technical problems, which probably there are. Because there are a few OOOH like that moments while learning this move :p

I should be able to upload a video of my performance on it in a few days.

Oct 4, 2017
Sounds good. I have asked for a small tripod so can record with my phone as I get know family support on doing anything with cards it seems like. Kinda sucks having a hobby where no one wants to give you feedback. So hopefully soon. Im at the point with most routines where I can only get better by watching myself

Sep 9, 2017
Sounds good. I have asked for a small tripod so can record with my phone as I get know family support on doing anything with cards it seems like. Kinda sucks having a hobby where no one wants to give you feedback. So hopefully soon. Im at the point with most routines where I can only get better by watching myself

Ah yeah that's fine I use a few tripods as well. It's actually not that bad if you can record it all yourself, having to depend on someone else is not that easy either though it is nice if someone is willing to spend hours just recording you :p But nobody does that for me either.
It was just the easiest suggestion :p

No hurry, I will see it when I see it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
If you get your fingers in the right place it will start working on its own. It's tough to see what you are doing wrong without video :( I too prefer audio tutorials.

What a fun unique flourish! I kinda wish he would have let Chris Ramsay publish the tutorial for clarity.

Oct 4, 2017
If you get your fingers in the right place it will start working on its own. It's tough to see what you are doing wrong without video :( I too prefer audio tutorials.

What a fun unique flourish! I kinda wish he would have let Chris Ramsay publish the tutorial for clarity.

Agreed! I get lost once I go to let the cards fall also what to do with the left hand fingers that were curled. Need a really good over the shoulder explanation. Anyone able to do a vid who knows the move by chance?

Sep 9, 2017
I've still been working on getting it well enough to get it on video. Simply getting it is not enough :p
The big problem with this move is that unless you got a 120 fps camera it's just a blur.

Sep 9, 2017
If nobody else posts a video before I do here then I promise you that I will get one for you and try to help you.

I don't know if you have instagram otherwise you can add me on @Juvator we could even do a livestream or something and I might be able to help realtime.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results