Wave Goodbye

Jun 1, 2009
Nice job! One thing I will say that Aaron Fisher mentions when holding a "bluff deck" is to hold it higher up in the fingers. At 26 seconds when you transfer it back to your left hand, it looks too low, an actual full deck wouldn't sit like that in your hand. I hope that made sense. Other than that great job!

Jacob

Dec 29, 2011
I realise that spectators will need time to forget the details, but I feel like you were handling the 'deck' by itself for a little long, either that or really work on making it all look natural. But probably do the vanishing moment a little earlier.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I did realize after filming, upon playing the video back, that the 'grip' didn't look quite right. It's something I'll definitely work on, but the video is really just conceptual so I could get some feedback on the handling itself. Thanks for the feedback thus far!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The actual vanish looks good and I really like the idea of using the space between buttons to hold a packet of cards, I've not seen that before. I think the motivation for the move is really weak though. I perform in the real world and people aren't thick, when you start fumbling around they think one of two things, you've made a mistake or you're up to something. On top of that, when working it's highly likely the card box will be in your pocket or on the table. If people see the card box at any point they will point out which pocket it's in.

May 9, 2012
New York
i wouldn't say "we dont need the deck" when you put it away because if you say that and then put your hand in your pocket, they'll probably assume you put the deck away

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Thanks a bunch Formula! In terms of the card box, I almost never work with one unless I have decided to use an effect that specifically utilizes the card box. It just takes up space for me and it inevitably gets crushed in my pocket. I think card guards are ridiculous and I'd never use one of those to keep the box in good condition, so I pretty much just leave the box stashed away and work with deck in hand. Since the spectator hasn't seen a card box at that point, they of course don't have reason to believe I have a box, but they also don't have reason not to believe that I do. When I 'go searching for it' I believe it makes logical sense that I just don't have it, as nobody has seen it to begin with. I hope that makes sense.

That said, I admittedly haven't been able to road test this particular idea yet... it's still a baby, created only a few days before I filmed it. I'll see how it goes once I get the opportunity to do it.

As for PurpleMustache's comment, I agree and I noticed that flub immediately. That's simply due to my lack of scripting... I forgot to mention the card box BEFORE going into my pockets, so of course the viewer automatically jumps to strong suspicion, which I obviously don't want because that's the most 'heated' moment of the handling.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results