Wayne Houchin injured in attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Hello all -

For those who may not have heard yet, Wayne Houchin was injured very badly in an apparent attack by a host on the show he was performing at. Here is a series of Tweets he sent out:

"Monday while appearing on a TV show in the Dominican Republic, the TV host took a handful of Aqua De Florida, ignited it and intentionally dropped it on my head, setting me on fire. I was not aware he was going to do this.

This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack. The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life.

The fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand. I am in pain, but am recovering. I will update you on the situation when I can."

Fortunately Danny Garcia, Aaron Fisher, Lee Asher, Lisa de la Vega and of course his wife Fran is there with him. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. What a horrible thing to happen.

JB - if Theory 11 happen to come up with a way we can help out Wayne and Fran, please let us all know.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I'm currently looking into a way to set up an online donations fund. Wayne has touched so many of our lives and i know at least personally he has been a wonderful friend to me. If anyone has tips or if T11 would like to help with this endeavor (i know you have a first rate tech team) i would love the help.

contact info
jrobarts05@yahoo.com

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm currently looking into a way to set up an online donations fund. Wayne has touched so many of our lives and i know at least personally he has been a wonderful friend to me. If anyone has tips or if T11 would like to help with this endeavor (i know you have a first rate tech team) i would love the help.

contact info
jrobarts05@yahoo.com

I would love to help as well.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
My goodness..... this is horrible. Does anyone have a motive yet?

there is some speculation, i do not know if it is serious or whimsical, that the Curiosiades team was accused of witch craft and voodoo and that the act was a "righteous and divine" punishment of those taboo acts. Again, i'm only passing on things as i learn them, which is from third party sources.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I also came here ASAP, after years of being absent from this site. This is just unbelievable, my sympathy and prays goes to him.

I would love to help in anyway shape or form! Just mind boggling someone could do something like this!

Aug 16, 2011
I got the tweet on my phone of the news. That is just HORRIBLE! On Wayne's twitter, a bunch of people posted pictures of the incident. If you look at the hosts face in the pictures right after he lit Wayne on fire, that look on his face is just PURE EVIL! I hope that host rots in jail! Who knows what they do in his country though for acts of violence such as these. My thoughts and prayers are with Wayne, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I got the tweet on my phone of the news. That is just HORRIBLE! On Wayne's twitter, a bunch of people posted pictures of the incident. If you look at the hosts face in the pictures right after he lit Wayne on fire, that look on his face is just PURE EVIL! I hope that host rots in jail! Who knows what they do in his country though for acts of violence such as these. My thoughts and prayers are with Wayne, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Be careful throwing around terms like "pure evil". Misguides is probably more accurate. I assume he was attempting to do good in his mind.

Still. Horrible this happened to anyone, let alone Wayne. I can't imagine he's done anything to deserve this. Always seemed like a nice guy, and my conversations with him (though very brief) have always been polite and cheerful.

Aug 16, 2011
Be careful throwing around terms like "pure evil". Misguides is probably more accurate. I assume he was attempting to do good in his mind.

Still. Horrible this happened to anyone, let alone Wayne. I can't imagine he's done anything to deserve this. Always seemed like a nice guy, and my conversations with him (though very brief) have always been polite and cheerful.

Did you not see the pictures? I don't know of anybody who could purposefully set someone on fire, especially when they are trying to entertain their audience, without being somewhat evil. I don't care if the guy was 'misguided', in my mind, that is just evil and cruel to do to any living being.

*Note: Graphic Images of the Incident Below*
https://twitter.com/garciamagic/status/273944812456136705/photo/1

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time

I wouldn't call it misguided. When you set somebody on fire like that, you tend to prove to the world that you are essentially out of your mind and not fit for society. Now, I don't know what the laws are like over in the Dominican Republic, but I would think that security hauled the guy off and has him sitting in a dark cold cell right now.

Oct 4, 2012
In the picture he looks shocked and worried, not evil. I think this was a ritual gone awry not an attack on Houchin. I think the man wanted to perform a vodou style blessing and to do it up big for the cameras and screwed up and is as shocked as anyone that Houchin is on fire.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
In the picture he looks shocked and worried, not evil. I think this was a ritual gone awry not an attack on Houchin. I think the man wanted to perform a vodou style blessing and to do it up big for the cameras and screwed up and is as shocked as anyone that Houchin is on fire.

I kind of doubt of that, he had a flammable chemical on him and he threw it on Wayne as well as lit him on fire. I would say that he knew what he was doing.

Oct 4, 2012
I kind of doubt of that, he had a flammable chemical on him and he threw it on Wayne as well as lit him on fire. I would say that he knew what he was doing.
Not only does calling it a flammable chemical mislead with sinister tones you have the series of events backwards. He poured Florida Water in his hand lit it and then threw it in Houchin's face. Florida Water is a cologne with an alcohol base used in various vodun-based religions in that part of the world for blessings and cleansing (by splashing or spraying it on the person or item to be blessed/cleansed). According to the Spanish text on Houchin's Facebook the man was attempting a blessing.
But the regular splashing and call to the spirits for a blessing don't look all that impressive so for all any one here on this forum know's this man was working off of some stupid ritual he read on the internet and thought would look impressive for the camera. That could have very well been the first time he tried it, and if you're not used to seeing your hand on fire that's the kind of thing that can lead to panic and stupid mistakes, like forgetting to blow it out and then throwing it in someones face. From what I know of occult practices I can see how that ritual was supposed to go, from some of the stupid instructions I've seen people put online I can see how that could have been one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results