Wayne Houchin Lecture 2010

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
So I'm a little late on this but I finally have time to tell about my experience last sunday when I went to the Wayne Houchin lecture.

Alright so I was SOOOOO excited, mostly because it was my very first magic lecture ever! Not to mention Wayne is an awesome magician and an awesome guy!

Alright I went with my friends who are pretty new to magic, my friend stephen has been in magic/cardistry for about 6 months, and his girlfriend Lindsay is kind of starting to get in magic just now. We all got there about 2 hours before the lecture started, mostly because we didn't know what to expect. We didn't know if it was going to be something big with hundrends or thousands of people or just something like 50 people. The lecture took place in Irving, Texas at Crystals Pizza and magician Christopher Lyle was there and he performed some stuff for us and I performed some stuff for him, it was awesome.

As time went on, it was about 20 minutes until Wayne was suppose to be there and I had to go to the restroom, I tryed to hold it in but I couldn't anymore, the reason I tryed to hold it in is because I was afraid that I would go and then Wayne would walk in and I would miss him, funny thing is, is that when I was walking towards the restroom is when I see Wayne and his wife Fran walking straight at me. In my head I was freaking out but I acted cool, I introduced myself and shook wayne's and Fran's hand, it was awesome.

So the lecture starts and he performs familiar effects such as Thread, Sinful, Stigmata and others, he even fooled me a few times. He ended the lecture with his version of the classic Needle Swallowing effect. After the lecture I got him to sign my Control DVD in which he signed his name and then drew stink fumes coming out of the feet. I also asked him questions that I had and Wayne was totally cool about it and was glad to sign things and answer questions. I took a picture with him and my friends getting ready to leave but my friends kept nudging me to ask him if I could perform something for him. I was a little shy and also I didn't want to keep bothering him but I finally came over and asked if I could perform an effect for him, he was happy to say "yes" and I even got a video of it. I performed Aaron Fisher's Search and Destroy. I was nervous as hell so my handling and presentation kinda sucked but Wayne's reaction is totally worth watching.

If you have the chance to go see Wayne Houchin in action. DO IT!!!!!! He doesn't only perform and teach effects, he also teaches about success and how to be yourself. Very inspirational. So here's the link to the video of me performing for Wayne, I submitting it to theory11's media so hopefully they'll accept it, if not then it's cool. But here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBSw_35_fA

It was so much fun and something I'll never forget.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results