Wayne Houchin's Thoughts...

Sep 22, 2007
On wednsdays dail update Wayne Houchin talks about the whole concept of "street magic" as young magicians see it. We see it as going out on your own, walking up to random spectators and performing our magic for them. Wayne talks about how this would be "creepy and strange"...he further explains that doin "street magic", in the real world, is only good when you are either getting footage for a magic DVD(professional magicians) or just gettin footage in general. Now the fact that Wayne has said this got me thinking...isnt that why we (street magicians) do magic? To learn how to present our selves and our magic to total strangers? Now I understand this dosent apply to those who do stage magic or get jobs at bars, clubs, restaurants, etc because they are there to perform and people know they will be performing but for those who do street magic I have a question..have you ever went out by yourself and performed for random people and got good results, meaning you didnt feel as though it was "creepy and strange"? I myself have done this several times and havent really had a feeling of "They see me as creepy and strange". I try to present myself, like Wayne says in the video, "as a normal human being". And from that point I explain that I am a magician and ask if I could barrow a moment of there time to see some magic. I personally dont see anything "creepy and strange" about it. Now I might be taking Wayne's point in a completely diffrent direction than how he intended it but just the same please feed back and tell me what you think. Thank You.
~CardShark13

P.S. I did not know there was already a thread about this subject from "visualartist"

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results