Wayne's Thread - Question

Apr 6, 2008
I got 100% cotton thread, but when attempting to do the geek method, it seems as though my thread was too thick for the length required - there was alot of thread go in my eye. So I played around with it, and separated the three tiny strands that made up the thread, and used one of those. Although, it is not as smooth as the original. The cotton thread is almost twice as big as a common polyester thread.

Is that common for cotton threads? Or should I look for a thinner thread?
What do others use???

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I got 100% cotton thread, but when attempting to do the geek method, it seems as though my thread was too thick for the length required - there was alot of thread go in my eye. So I played around with it, and separated the three tiny strands that made up the thread, and used one of those. Although, it is not as smooth as the original. The cotton thread is almost twice as big as a common polyester thread.

Is that common for cotton threads? Or should I look for a thinner thread?
What do others use???

I had to find a thinner thread than what I originally started with, but after I got used to it, I can switch back to my original thread anytime I'd like.

Dec 3, 2008
Liverpool, NY
try using mercerized cotton also... its only 37 % cotton... i prefered using this one when i was learning thread and i just stuck with it cause it felt better than 100% cotton

Oct 22, 2008
OK, so what i happened to find the best thread is called "Coats and Clarck cotton thread." It's deffinitley not to thick and its fairley thin plus if you do the trick right ofcorse, it doesnt hurt as much with this brand. I don't know if it's 100% cotton but its cotton, and works (I think) the best. So i would suggest that company of thread. And with the length of thread, i think looking at comments and replys for thread forums that everyone is having this same type of problem. Wayne deffinitley uses a fairley long piece of thread in his performance. I use about half of what he uses. But i think the more you do this trick probably the more capable you are to using longer pieces of thread.. so i hope this helped.

-jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results