We need a pace to bounce ideas off of each other

Sep 1, 2007
Yes its another one of those I made a trick topics. But its not the same. Well, I have some ideas for tricks I'm making, and some are all ready made. And some of my ideas I would like to tell you guys and you can tell me what you think, sort of like a brain storm type of thing.

So, I see a lot of people saying they made a effect, or they have an idea. I think we should all, or anyone who wants to. We should all add each other to msn, or aim, what ever we agree on. And that way we could talk about these things with out posting it all over the forum...over and over again. So what do you think? you in? Would you be willing to do this? or is this a bad idea? I'm only saying this because we don't really have a forum for this type of thing.

P.S this is not about really teaching the effects, its more about sharing ideas and improving upon them.

I think this is a great idea personally. I would love to communicate with all of you outside of here in private so we can bounce ideas back and forth. I just updated my MSN onto my account here so feel free to add me. Just state who you are and that you got my e-mail from Theory11. I just don't want creeps talking to me and honestly I'm open to chatting or bouncing ideas of eachother.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
I can see how this can be seen as a good idea to spark some creativity in each other, but personally I don't ever see myself offering very many ideas, if at all, if there was a section of such.

I have tons of ideas written down, but I cherish them too much to share them with others out in the open. I only share the ideas with someone I can trust or someone that I atleast know is a magician and doesn't just learn an effect half heartedly and could care less. I share my ideas in private with someone I know could get some use from my thoughts.

So I guess through MSN or something alike, will work for me. As for an "idea" forum (which is what I initially thought this thread was about) I am not up for. Feel free hitting me up to collaborate a bit. Darkwing8421@hotmail.com

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
My msn is "mkohawaii@hotmail.com"

So if anyone wants to add me, just put t11 in the message and ill accept.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
This has always been a great idea, yet the problem with it has always been the exposure issue and respect for others' work.

If we can get around that hurdle, I think it would be great.

And IM is a great way to talk to other magicians. I feel that if more magicians can use the internet in this way, the online community can feel closer, rather than segregated. But nothing can beat a face-to-face.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Well this is a good idea as it could help improve our effects etc... but im not sure if i'd want to share my creations with just anybody

This would rely a lot on trust and respect for each other and our ideas

It would be good to be able to jam with you guys/gals and bounce ideas etc off each other

You can add me... eternalkaos@hotmail.co.uk

I'd rather only discuss these things though with those who are serious and not just looking for free effects/secrets

Im happy to try and help though and it would be good to hear others thoughts etc

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results